5 Days from$844 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Voluntourism, also known as volunteer vacation or volunteer travel, adds a interesting element to your holiday. An increasingly growing industry it attracts all kinds of people interested in mixing their travel with helping others. In the Virunga Massif there are several opportunities for voluntourism, the most pressing being in the education sector. While the governments are working very hard to make sure educational resources and facilities are available to the local communities, population growth and lack of enough resources has given rise to several challenges in this sector. So this is the ideal place for you to spend a few days volunteering with friends and families.
Safari types:Cultural Safari, Educational Safari, Family Safari
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kigali, Rwanda
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 844 per person
- English speaking driver guide
- Accommodation and meals as stated in the program
- All guide fees
- International flights & visas
- Travel insurances
- Driver guide or local escort tips
- Drinks and dining rooms tips, porter age, personal travel and baggage
- Telephone bill, laundry and any items of a personal nature
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Virunga Community Programs‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Virunga Community Programs‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Depart from Kigali to Red Rocks Rwanda or Kisoro International Vocational Institute. Overnight stay camping in the school grounds.
Introduction to children in the Virunga project and the staff. Continue with educational programs like teaching English and computers among others. Two nights camping on the school compound.
Spend your morning teaching the students. In the afternoon, take a walk around the community and meet the locals for cultural experience and exchange.
You will be transferred back to Kigali.