- 5 Days from$1989 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Visit one of Uganda’s largest conservation areas, Queen Elizabeth National Park, named after the visit of Queen Elizabeth. Also known as the ‘Medly Of Wonder’ with its huge variety of flora and fauna, you will explore on game drives and a boat cruise as well as chimpanzee tracking in Kyambura Gorge – a remarkable experience when you spend one hour with the primates once you find them.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Guided Safari, Primate Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Queen Elizabeth
- Wildlife:leopard, elephant, kob, chimpanzees, topi
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Entebbe International Airport
- Day 1: Airport pickup and transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 2: Chimpanzee tracking experience and visiting Lake Katwe Salt Pans
- Day 3: Game drive and boat cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Day 4: Game drive to Ishasha sector
- Day 5: Transfer to the airport
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 1,989 per person
- All meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- All ground transportation in a comfortable 4×4 vehicle
- Park entrance fees
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide
- Drinking water while on safari
- All boat cruise and game drive fees
- All airport pick-ups and drops
- All activities at stipulated in the itinerary
- And all government taxes/levies
- International flights and visas
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Phone calls and bar bills
- Personal insurance
- All other services of a personal nature
- Driver guide’s gratuity
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Bigfoot Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Bigfoot Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On arrival at Entebbe airport you will be warmly welcomed by a Bigfoot Adventures driver/guide who will transfer you to Queen Elizabeth National Park. As you journey through the Ankole savannah grasslands of vast farm land, this attractive acacia-dotted expanse will grip your heart with is beauty and pure nature as it sprawls into the horizon. You may have a stopover at the Equator point in Masaka for some photos and another stopover at Mbarara town as well as hike Biharwe hill to see the Biharwe Eclipse Monument and take some photos. You will have lunch en-route then proceed into the beautiful Queen Elizabeth National Park, one of Uganda’s most outstanding treasures.
Dinner and overnight at Parkview Safari Lodge
An experienced ranger will take you chimp tracking in the morning or afternoon depending on the type of permit available. You will be fascinated by the sights of the primates in Kyambura Gorge and once you locate the chimpanzees you will have a full hour in their presence. You will also be able to take plenty of photographs of the amazing primates as well as see other species such as the black and white colobus monkey. Return to your accommodation for relaxation. You will also visit Katwe Salt Pans near Lake Katwe (Crater Lake) where rock salt is mined by the locals. Meals will all be served at your accommodation.
Meals and overnight at Parkview Safari Lodge
After an early breakfast set off for a morning game drive to the Kasenyi area expecting to view early morning predators such as lions, different antelope species, Cape buffaloes, elephants, hippos, warthogs and more. For birders, Queen Elizabeth National Park is a birders paradise with over 606 species including a variety of migratory birds like the lesser flamingos at Lake Munyanyange and Albertine Rift endemic species. In the afternoon after enjoying a delicacy for lunch, you will walk down to the Kazinga Channel for a boat cruise along the channel between Lakes Edward and George. This is the best place to see a cross section of all the wildlife in this park including schools of hippos, African elephants and buffaloes along the shores as well as crocodiles basking on the shores and aquatic bird species like the pied kingfisher.
Overnight at Parkview Safari Lodge
After your early morning breakfast, head to the southern part of the park, the Ishasha sector, with your packed lunch in search of the early hunting predators like the tree climbing lions. You will see other wildlife creatures including Cape baffaloes and antelopes like topis to mention but a few. Return to your accommodation to rest from the long drive.
Dinner and overnight at Parkview Safari Lodge
After enjoying your morning breakfast, you may go for a crater drive to see the various beautiful craters in the park then drive through the Queen’s Pavilion and embark on your journey back to Entebbe. Lunch will be en route and you pass by a craft shop to buy souvenirs to take back home. You will be transferred to the airport for your scheduled flight back home.