- 2 Days from$460 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Luxury, Mid Range
This wildlife safari takes you on a magical tour to the top of Murchison Falls – the world’s most powerful waterfall, as well as a memorable game drive in the open savannah landscapes of Murchison Falls National Park with sights of African elephants, Cape buffalo, Jackson’s hartebeest, lions, Rothschild giraffes, oribis, Uganda kobs and leopards among other species. The safari also features a Nile launch cruise which extends for several kilometers to the bottom of the Falls offering possible sights of hippos, Nile crocodiles and birds such as the shoebill stork. This really is a memorable short wildlife experience in Uganda.
- Safari types:Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Queen Elizabeth, Murchison
- Wildlife:leopard, elephant, kob
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Kampala or Entebbe, end in Kampala or Entebbe
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park. Visit the top of the falls and afternoon Nile launch cruise.
Day 2: Game drive and transfer to Kampala.
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 460 per person, based on 4 people
- All meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- All ground transportation in a comfortable 4×4 vehicle
- Park entrance fees
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide
- Drinking water while on safari
- All boat cruise and game drive fees
- All airport pick-ups and drops
- All activities at stipulated in the itinerary
- And all government taxes/levies
- International flights and visas
- Activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Phone calls and bar bills
- Personal insurance
- All other services of a personal nature
- Driver guide’s gratuity
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Bigfoot Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Bigfoot Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast, your tour guide will pick you up from Kampala (or Entebbe) and you embark on the drive (311 km from Kampala, approximately 5 hours) to Murchison Falls National Park. Drive along the notable landscapes of Nakasongola, crossing the Kafu River and passing by the verdant Budongo Forest. Upon arrival drive to the top of the Murchison Falls. Encounter the world’s longest river, the Nile, as it squeezes itself through an 8m ravine forming a plume of spray marked by a thunderous roar and a trademark rainbow as it falls 43m below to the Devil’s Cauldron. This is a breathtaking scene for photography.
Afterwards you connect to Paraa Jetty to catch up with the Nile launch cruise to the bottom of the Falls departing at 2 pm. The Nile launch cruise offers you an opportunity to explore the calm waters of the Nile River as it approaches the delta, gaining views of aquatic species like the Nile crocodiles and hippos not forgetting the sight of the most sought-after shoebill stork if you’re lucky. The boat stops at the bottom of Murchison Falls – the world’s powerful waterfall – enjoying one of the most magical scenes in Uganda. At the end of the river cruise you head to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Overnight: Luxury – Paraa Safari Lodge, Midrange/Standard – Pakuba Safari Lodge, Budget/Basic – Heritage Safari Lodge
Included Activities: Aiport/accommodation transfer, Murchison Falls visit, Nile cruise
At 7 am you set off through the savannah landscapes of Murchison Falls National Park for an impressive morning game drive in the northern part of the park to catch up with the early wildlife before they disappear to graze and hunt. You follow the designated tracks including the Buligi, Albert, Queen, Pakuba among others stretching to the delta area with remarkable views of wildlife and the landscapes. The possible wildlife sights include Rothschild giraffes, Jackson’s hartebeest, lions, leopards, Cape buffalo, oribis, elephants, kobs amongst others. The game drive lasts 3–4 hours after which you get a ferry at 11 am and embark on the drive back to Kampala (or Entebbe).
Included Activities: Murchison Falls National Park game drive, aiport/accommodation transfer