- 10 Days from$5300 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Camping, Mid Range
Enjoy a Tanzania safari that is full of fun, adventure and enjoyment in the beautiful wilderness. Follow the migration in the Serengeti, look for the Big Five in the Ngorongoro Crater, see a wealth of birds along the shores of Lake Manyara and huge elephant herds in Tarangire while in Arusha National Park experience a thrilling walking safari.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Camping Safari, Cultural Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Kilimanjaro International Airport
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 5,300 per person
- Accommodation on full board basis in any chosen category
- Transport with full game drives in luxurious 4×4 Land Cruiser
- Services of our expert driver/guides who are well knowledgeable about animals, history & nature
- All park entry fees in Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara, Tarangire and Arusha National Parks
- Crater entry fees in Ngorongoro
- Concession fees
- Airport transfers
- Domestic flight
- Clean & safe bottled drinking water 2 bottles of 500mils/person / day
- All government taxes & charges
- International flights
- Visa and travel Insurance
- All items of personal nature
- Laundry in the lodges during the safari
- Any drinks except drinking water which will be provided
- Extra meals in the lodges or campsites
- Tips/gratuities for Tour Guide, porters & cooks
- Optional balloon safaris in Serengeti, Maasai Mara or Tarangire National Parks ($950/person)
- Optional Maasai village visit in Ngorongoro/Maasai Mara ($20/person)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dominion Tours & Adventure Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dominion Tours & Adventure Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Drive from Mwanza city after breakfast. The journey will take 2 hours to get to the entry point of the Serengeti ecosystem. Register and then begin the day. The topography of the Serengeti’s western corridor is criss crossed by rivers and hills making it very important and full of wildlife all year around. Lunch will be taken at a picnic site in the western corridor with further game drives after lunch while heading to your accommodation at either a campsite or a lodge for an overnight stay.
For those who would love to do a balloon safari, this is the chance; wake up early in the morning at 5:00 am and fly in a balloon over the beautiful plains and woodlands of Seronera valley. Enjoy a champagne breakfast in the bush prepared by hospitable chefs. After the balloon safari, you go back to the lodge/camp to enjoy swimming, relaxing on the terrace and for lunch. In the afternoon set off with your driver/guide for game viewing until the evening when your return to your lodge/camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Serengeti National Park is a home to the annual migration of hundreds of thousands of wildebeests, zebras, and gazelles, followed from behind by the major predators, lions, cheetahs, spotted hyenas, jackals and foxes. You may have an amazing opportunity to see them crossing the Mara River to the Masai Mara in Kenya or from the Masai Mara back to the Serengeti. Depending where the migration is, we’ll try and follow it in whichever zone. Starting the safari from the western side of Serengeti is an advantage. Stay overnight at Serengeti in the chosen accommodation category.
After breakfast drive southwards through the southern Serengeti short grass plains where the migration usually begins. If the migration is still in the southern Serengeti, you’ll see hundreds of thousands migrants, a scene you will remember forever. You also have time to visit Olduvai Gorge ‘The Cradle of Mankind’ and a Maasai village for a cultural experience. Continue further to Ngorongoro and your chosen lodge or camp for time at leisure, dinner and overnight stay.
Head into the Ngorongoro Crater for an amazing day of game viewing. Look out for back rhinos, black mane lions, cheetah, spotted hyenas, elephants and buffaloes. There are many water birds along shallow lake Makat including flamingoes, grebes, teals, duck while at Lerai forest you may spot the elusive leopard. In Ngorongoro Crater you are sure to complete the Big Five animals. Lunch boxes will be provided and enjoyed at Ngoitoktok springs picnic site. In the evening ascend and drive to the lodge for dinner and overnight stay.
Drive towards Lake Manyara National Park via Karatu town. Before you reach the park entry gate, stop at the view point and observe the whole of Lake Manyara National Park with its beautiful scenery, famous for its abundance of primates more than any other; baboons in troops, vervet monkeys, blue or sykes monkeys and galago (bush babies). Along the shallow lake, you’ll see plenty of water birds; flamingoes, great white pelicans, ducks, geese, teals and grebes. Visit the hot water springs best known as Maji Moto and observes volcanic actions there. Later in the afternoon, drive to the lodge or camp for leisure time, dinner and a night stop.
After a leisurely breakfast, drive to Tarangire National Park, famous for its large number of elephants. Hundreds ofelephant herds roam around Tarangire River, from where the park got its name. Tarangire is a unique park with some animals which cannot be seen in any other northern park such as bush buck, lesser kudu, oryx and tree climbing pythons coiling themselves around the fig trees. Other animals are Kirk’s dik dik, zebras, wildebeest, lion, leopard, African wild dog, and many more. Evening drive to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Take a leisurely breakfast then go out for more game drives, exploring remarkable Tarangire National Park. Take a break for lunch at the lodge/camp then relax at the swimming pool. Afternoon game drive, enjoying the sun set of Tarangire, before driving back to the lodge/camp for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast drive northwards to Arusha National Park, the home of black and white colobus monkeys and blue/Sykes monkeys. The evergreen forest, fed by the rivers of Mount Meru, favor these typical arboreal animals. After registration enter the park and enjoy a walking safari guided by armed rangers. Visit Momella lakes, nine of them, each with individual colors. These lakes harbour hundreds of species of water birds; great white pelicans, pink backed pelicans, flamingoes, whistling ducks, macoa ducks, teals, grebes, geese, to name a few. Continue on the walking safari up to the amazing waterfalls while viewing the game on foot. Plains animals you might see very close up include buffaloes, zebras and Maasai giraffes and you may see the rarely seen blue euiker in the thickets. Evening drive to the lodge/hotel for leisure time, dinner and overnight.
Enjoy breakfast at the lodge/hotel and then leave for your flight to your next destination.