8 Days from$2049 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
Budget, Camping, Mid Range
Cameroon’s Lobeké National Park, situated in the far south east, forms part of the Congo Basin. It consists of swampy clearings particularly in the east side of the park. Safari lovers can look out for elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees and monkeys using watch towers installed to see the park’s wildlife. Lobeké National Park has a surface area of 217,854 ha and was created on 19 March 2001. It’s managed by the Trans Frontier Conservation Initiative and is a landscape made up mostly of biodiversity conservation.
Safari types:Birding Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Jungle Safari, Primate Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Lobeké National Park, Mambelé
Wildlife:Birds, Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Monkey, Elephant, Buffalo, Bongo
Activities:Game Viewing, Walking Safari, Trekking, Nature Walk, Sightseeing Tour, Village Visit
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, 4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Yaoundé International Airport
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 2,049 per person in twin/double, minimum of 4 people
Single supplement: USD 270
Maximim group size: 7 people
- All transportation as mentioned in a private 4WD with driver (fuel, road taxes, parking, car insurance and driver insurance, lodging and feeding of driver)
- Services of English speaking safari guide during your stay
- Local guides with knowledge of local languages, the ways and customs of areas to be visited and a pigmy guide in the Park
- Porters and a cook
- Various activities with the pigmies – hunting, fishing, harvesting of wild honey- initiation to traditional medicine
- Meals mentioned in this program (most often, cold meals during trekking and walks)
- Full board lodging and hotels in double rooms in hotels as mentioned in the program
- On-the–spot assistance 24/24
- International flights and airport taxes
- Visa fees
- Repatriation assistance/ insurance
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Mineral water
Day by Day Overview
Arrival and reception at the Yaoundé International Airport. Transfer to the hotel and settle in. Dinner and night at Hotel 3*.
Leave very early for Lobeké National Park passing through Bertoua and Batouri where you overnight. Settle in at your hotel, dinner and the night.
Morning wake-up then breakfast before departure, continuing to Lobeké National Park through Yokadouma. Discovery of pigmy villages along the way. Arrival at Mambelé where you settle in at Kombo Camp for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast depart for Lobeké National Park; 4 km in a vehicle and 6 km trekking in the forest. Arrival and settle in at the camp. Departure for watch tower no. 1 (small savannah) for animal watching: gorillas of the plains, monkeys, elephants of the forest, various bird species such as parrots and green pigeons. Dinner and night in the tent.
Morning breakfast then a day-long in the watch tower looking for wildlife. Return to camp for dinner and night in the tent.
Breakfast then depart for the second watch tower (Djangui). Arrival and settle in the camp. Have lunch then leave for the watch tower to see the wildife: gorillas, buffalos, elephants, bongos, chimpanzees, monkeys and a multitude of birds. Return to camp for dinner and night in the tent.
Morning wake up followed by breakfast. Departure for Mambelé and continue to Yaoundé through Yokadouma. Spend the night on the road.
After breakfast departure for Bertoua and continue to Yaoundé.