- 1 Days from$180 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This is a day safari within Nairobi’s metropolitan area to Nairobi National Park, Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Nairobi Giraffe Centre, Karen Blixen Coffee House and Carnivore Restaurant. It’s the perfect opportunity to see some wildlife for those transiting through Nairobi, on a short term visit or work trip, and those not able to travel away from Nairobi .
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Nairobi National Park, Nairobi
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Topi, Eland, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon, Waterbuck, Thomson's Gazelle, Hartebeest
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Nairobi
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 180 per person
- This rate is for a group sharing, minimum of 6 people in a tour vehicle
- Rates for children below 17 years will be lower, consult us for a rate
- Pick up and drop off transfers
- Transport in 4×4 tour Land Cruiser
- Game drives
- Tour guide/driver
- Bottled drinking water & lunch
- Park fees, govt taxes & levies
- Any other personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Extra Miles Unique Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Extra Miles Unique Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
You will picked up at 0600 hrs for the drive out to Nairobi National Park, close to the city. The park itself is 177 sq kms with wide open grass plains and a backdrop of the cit. Scattered acacia bush is home to a wide variety of wildlife including the endangered black rhino, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, buffaloes, giraffes and diverse bird life with over 400 species recorded. Visitors can enjoy the park’s picnic sites and walking trails for hikers.
Sheldrick Wildlife Trust’s Elephant Orphanage is best known for their work with elephants, operating the most successful orphan elephant rescue and rehabilitation program in the world. Here you will be able to take part in the conservation activity that takes place daily for an hour. This includes feeding the orphaned elephants and having a chance to interact with the animals one on one. It is a few minutes drive from the park and separated by the park’s fence.
After interaction with the elephants you will proceed straight to the Nairobi Giraffe Centre which is a stone’s throw away from the sanctuary. The giraffe center is the creation of the African Fund for Endangered Wildlife, a Kenyan non-profitable organization. Their main purpose is to educate Kenyan school children and youth on their country’s wildlife and environment, as well as give local and international visitors an opportunity to come in close contact with the world’s tallest species. You also get the opportunity to feed the giraffes, kiss them if you wish and learn more about them under the guide of the trained guides of the organization.
You will later proceed for lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant, which offers a variety of meats roasted over charcoal and carved at your table. Delicious side dishes and an exceptional array of sauces complement this fixed price feast that also includes soup, dessert and Kenyan coffee. After lunch you will be dropped back to your hotel at around 1600 hrs.