10 Days from$4,222 p/p in USD
Learn traditional handicrafts in Eswatini, embark on adventurous safari excursions and experience local culture in this first-of-its-kind themed tour in southern Africa led by Blogger and Crafts expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain (CraftandTravel.com) and guided by Jenny Bowen of Sense Africa. Craft workshops include weaving, candle making and batik; you’ll learn from the experts and get to keep your creations. Set within the beautiful landscape of Eswatini (formerly Swaziland, named one of the top 10 destinations for 2020 by Lonely Planet) you’ll also have a chance to enjoy walks in natures, witness epic sunrises and sunsets, dine on delicious African cuisine, witness traditional customs and visit a local school. The Kingdom of Eswatini has eluded mass tourism, and its discreet and untouched attractions are truly delightful.
Safari types:Cultural Safari, Educational Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Hlane Royal National Park
Wildlife:Birds, Zebra, Giraffe, Antelope, Lion, Leopard, Elephant, White Rhino, Hippo, Impala, Wildebeest, Warthog, Hyena
Activities:Game Drive, Nature Walk, Optional Activities, Village Visit
Getting around:Game Viewing Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Johannesburg
At a Glance
- Price is from £3,450 based on twin share, single supp £180 pp
- Dates: 24 Sept – 3 Oct 2020
- Group size is 6 – 12 people
- Duration is 8 nights in country and 2 nights of air travel
- Accommodation is traditional, comfortable and unique, DBB
- Weather has a temperature range of 12 – 26 C
- Price includes flights to and from Jo’burg, accommodation, breakfast and dinner, some lunches, craft workshops and products you make, safaris, all transport in-country, back up and park fees.
Extras: why not add on a few more days in Eswatini or to Kruger or Mozambique? We have some lovely lodges we work with, so get in touch.
Rates – Per Person GBP
From GBP 3,450 per person
- All accommodation as per the itinerary
- Selected activities as per the itinerary
- All meals as indicated
- Insurance to cover for cancellation and curtailment, medical, baggage, emergency evacuation. Sense Africa recommends Campbell Irvine Ltd
- Additional meals, drinks, optional activities
- Visas and requirements where necessary
- Tips and items of a personal nature (curios, gifts, etc)
Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary is Eswatini’s oldest protected area and is a delight to explore. Enjoy the unique opportunity to walk amongst zebra and antelope and spot amazing bird life. Here we visit Baobab Batik, Tsandza weaving and Swazi candles where you leave with your own creations.
Accommodation: en-suite rondavel (round) huts overlooking the reserve where game wanders freely past – watch warthog from your door.
Shewula Mountain Camp is the first community eco-tourism project in Swaziland and here your stay is interesting and diverse. You will be welcomed into homesteads where you chat with the locals and truly immerse yourselves into Swazi life through craft creation.
Accommodation: Shewula Mountain Camp is set on the magnificent Lubombo Plateau over looking the Lubumbo Conservancy, here you will find your worries and stresses slipping away, replaced with a sense of serenity.
In the vast bushveld of eastern Eswatini where the hot, still sun of Africa beats on the dry but life-giving soils lies Swaziland’s largest protected area, Hlane Royal National Park. Hlane is home to the largest herds of game in the Kingdom and at night go to sleep listening to the distant roar of lion.
Accommodation: en-suite rondavels near the water hole. These twin rooms are beautifully designed and set in the bush where impala wander by.