5 Days from$1194 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
The Colombian river Caño Cristales is one of the most beautiful rivers in the world. A tributary of the Guayabero River, Caño Cristale is often called the ‘River of Five Colors’ or the ‘Liquid Rainbow’ due to its spectacular colours. This trip consists of boat trips along the Guayabero River and walks enjoying the superb landscapes and the river with its rapids, small waterfalls and natural pools. Stay in the small town of La Macarena where you’ll learn about the local folklore and the region’s gastronomy.
Safari types:Guided Safari
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start in Bogotá, end in Bogotá
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 1,310 per person, based on double occupancy
- Single – USD 1,715
- Double – USD 1,310
- Triple – USD 1,195
- 2 nights accommodation in the City of Bogotá
- 2 nights accommodation in La Macarena
- All meals
- Air transport Bogotá – La Macarena – Bogotá
- Land and river transport
- Professional guide
- Local medical assistance card
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Unspecified expenses
- Income tax to the municipality (USD 14)
- Income tax to the Sierra de la Macarena National Natural Park (USD 33)
- Airport fee La Macarena (USD 3)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Colombia Green Travel‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Colombia Green Travel‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You’ll be met at El Dorado International Airport and transferred to your hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel, transfer to El Dorado Airport to take a flight to the municipality of La Macarena, known as the gateway to Caño Cristales. Welcome to La Macarena with a induction talk by environmental entities. Lunch followed by a boat trip along the Guayabero River enjoying the landscape, with an ecological walk to Cristalitos, and return to La Macarena where you will have dinner and overnight.
Breakfast then enjoy a boat trip along the Guayabero River before a car will be taken to the Cajuche spring where the walk to Caño Cristales will start. Visit Caño Escondido, Cascada de la Virgen, Pianos, Piedra dios de la Macarena, Cascada de los Cuarzos, Paso Mojado and Tapetes. There you will have lunch and then return to La Macarena where you will enjoy a night of integration, learning about the folklore and gastronomy of the region.
After breakfast, take another boat trip along the Guayabero River enjoying the landscape, before an ecological walk visiting Karol Cristal Pool, Los Ochos and the tourist pool. Lunch then return to La Macarena and on to the city of Bogotá. Check in at the airport hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel, transfer to El Dorado Airport to take a flight back to the country of origin.