- 8 Days from$1980 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This trip has been specially designed to help you discover Colombia’s rich archaeological heritage. Visit the beautiful colonial city of Popayan and the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, San Jose de Isnos and San Augstin, rich in archaeological finds including carved volcanic stone figures and tombs. In the spectacular Colombian Massif experience its rich biodiversity and discover the great Augustinian culture, while in the Tatacoa Desert see the spectacular desert scenery.
- Safari types:Cultural Safari
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Popayan, end in Neiva
- If you want to attend the Mercado de Silvia, the visit to Silvia should be scheduled on a Tuesday
- Carry a backpack
- Wear light clothes, two long-sleeved shirts, a windbreaker or raincoat, swimsuit, hiking boots or tennis shoes for the field
- Personal medications
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen, hat or cap
- Personal flashlight with enough batteries for night activities
- Dietary, energy and/or protein supplements of your taste (such as snack, cereal bars, drinks, nuts, dried fruit, dried meat)
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 1,980 per person – double
From USD 1,705 per person – triple
- 2 nights lodging in Popayán
- 1 night of lodging in San José de Isnos
- 2 nights in San Agustín
- 1 night in Old Town
- 1 night of lodging in Neiva
- Activities described within the itinerary
- Daily breakfast
- Transfer entry/exit
- Transportation throughout the tour
- Entrance to the Archaeological Park
- Tour of the Tatacoa Desert
- Bilingual guide supplement
- Local Medical Assistance Card
- Airplane tickets
- Liquor or additional drinks
- Unspecified expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Colombia Green Travel‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Colombia Green Travel‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Reception at the Guillermo León Valencia Airport in Popayán, a beautiful colonial city. Transfer to the hotel and check In.
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure from Popayán to visit the Guambiana culture “Misak”, observe of ancestral customs, interact with the community, crafts (typical market on Tuesdays) and lunch. Back to the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel followed by a tour to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, San Jose de Isnos, rich in archaeological finds and invaluable natural wealth. There are numerous small tombs and temples and stone carvings of humans and mythical animals to protect them. Check in at the hotel and rest.
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a great adventure through the Colombian Massif, a group of mountains within the Andes of south central Colombia. Admire the rich biodiversity of its flora and fauna and unique ecosystem as well as discover the great Augustinian culture. Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site, San Agustin Archaeological Park, where numerous pre-Columbian remains are spread over several sites including carved volcanic stone figures and tombs. Rest at the hotel.
After breakfast take a tour to the municipality of Villa Vieja, which occupies most of the territory of the Tatacoa Desert. Rest in the hotel.
Depart after breakfast at the hotel to the Tatacoa Desert. This fascinating area is not just a desert, but a tropical dry forest, heavily eroded with dry canyons and gullies which can reach 20m deep. The flora and fauna has adapted to live in these desert conditions and include rodents, snakes, turtles, wildcats, eagles and alligators as well as cacti which can be 4-5m high. Return by car to the city of Neiva.
Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport for your departure flight home.