- 7 Days from$2450 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This safari will take you to the premium national parks in northern Kenya, the central highlands, the rift valley and southern Kenya. Visit Aberdares National Park, Samburu Game Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park and Maasai Mara Game Reserve for the most excellent wildlife game viewing experience at a very affordable price. It provides adequate time to view every detail which makes Kenya famous, from the breathtaking wildlife to the spectacular scenery.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Samburu National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park, Aberdare National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Topi, Eland, Beisa Oryx, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon, Dik-dik, Waterbuck, Oryx, Hartebeest
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Hot Air Balloon, Nature Walk, Optional Activities, Village Visit
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:15
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,450 per person
- Full board accommodation in lodges & tented camp
- Three meals a day & drinking water
- Meet and greet by a tour representative upon arrival at the airport
- Services of an English speaking tour driver-guide
- Transport in our customized 7-seater safari vehicle with specially modified suspension, full-length photographic roof hatches, guaranteed window seats
- Game drives as per itinerary
- Park entrance fees
- All Government taxes & levies
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Optional activies such as balloon safari & Maasai village visit
- Expenses of personal nature such as driver tips etc.
- Personal insurance cover
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘African Home Adventure Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘African Home Adventure Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Depart from Nairobi at 7.30 am and head north to the Samburu National Reserve for two nights at one of the lodges or camps on the banks of the Ewaso Ng’iro River (for example Samburu Serena Lodge or Samburu Sopa Lodge), where most of the game is concentrated. Wildlife here include giraffes, elephants, hippos, crocodiles, buffalos, lions, leopards, cheetahs and hyenas and great species of birds. Look out for species here not seen further south such as Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich and gerenuk, an unusual antelope that can reach up the trees on its hind legs. Accommodation is in a luxury lodge or budget two person camping tent with foam mattress provided depending on your safari budget, all this can be tailored to suit your request.
Heading south after breakfast, the option is to spend a night in one of the two unusual tree lodges in Aberdare National Park: Treetops Lodge. where Princess Elizabeth stayed in 1952 on the night that her father died and she became Queen, or the Ark Lodge built in the shape of Noah’s Ark. At night, stay up to watch the game activities over the floodlit waterholes. This park is unusual in that it lies above 21,000m (68,880 ft.) and so has a more alpine feel, with mountains, streams, valleys and moorland on the doorstep.
After breakfast, your safari will head to Lake Nakuru National Park. Situated just a stone’s throw from Nakuru town, the attractive Lake Nakuru National Park surrounds the Lake of the same name, which is a haven for the pink lesser flamingo as well as hippos. Other species include various antelope, giraffe, zebra, lion, rhino and leopard (which can actually be spotted during daylight hours in the arms of the giant yellow acacia trees near the entrance). Enjoy the great view from the park’s rocky escarpments and ridges. Accommodation can be at the Lake Nakuru Lodge, Flamingo Hill Tented Camp or a hotel in Nakuru.
You will leave Lake Nakuru to drive to the Masai Mara National Reserve to spend two nights here, Kenya’s most famous game park with an extraordinary density of animals, including the Big Five. In July and August, it’s also the scene of the migration, when hundreds of thousands of wildebeest, plus smaller numbers of zebra and antelope, arrive in search of fresh grazing from Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park to the south. The predators follow the herds, so this is the best time to witness plenty of animal action, especially if you get the opportunity to see the wildebeest cross the Masai Mara River, where they have to dodge crocodiles too. Accommodation and full board meals shall be at the Mara Sopa Lodge or Enchoro Wildlife Camp.
Enjoy an early morning game drive in Masai Mara followed by a late breakfast at the lodge/camp and departure for Nairobi stopping sporadically for the breathtaking panoramic views of the rift valley and adjacent land forms. The tour ends in Nairobi late in the afternoon with sweet memories to take home with you.