7 Days from$1900 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
Budget, Luxury, Mid Range
Explore some of Kenya’s impressive wildlife hot spots; the Masai Mara with its annual wildebeest migration and abundant animals and birds, Lake Nakuru where there’s a fantastic chance of spotting rhino as well as a wealth of bird life and Amboseli National Park, home to large population of elephants and stunning views of Mount Kilimanjaro with its snow capped peaks.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Optional Activities, Village Visit, Birding
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
- Tree studded savannah plains
- Wildebeest migration (July-September)
- Mara River inhabited by wild crocodiles and hippos
- Highest wildlife concentration than any other park in the region
- Exciting balloon adventure (extra cost)
- Cultural tour to a local village (extra cost)
- Scenic route via the Rift Valley Escarpment
- Rift Valley Lake and national park, home to rich wildlife
- Largest bird spectacle on earth
- 100% chances of spotting both black & white rhino
Amboseli National Park
- Lies in the shadows of Mt Kilimanjaro
- Large population of elephants
- Open swampy land hosting buffalo, hippos, elephants and birds
- Observation Hill for a panoramic view of the park
- Indigenous community lifestyle around the park
- Excellent view of Mount Kilimanjaro with its snow capped peaks
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 1,900 per person
- Accommodation and meals (full board basis when on safari)
- Transport in a shared open roof top van
- Mineral water while on safari
- All park entry fees
- Extensive game drives
- Services of a professional tour guide
- All government levies
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
- Tips and other gratuities
- Things of a personal nature
- Optional activity costs (Masai village $20, balloon safari $450)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Jumbo Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Jumbo Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Pick-up from your Nairobi hotel or the airport for the journey to the Masai Mara National Reserve with a stop-over at the edge of the escarpment to marvel at the great Eastern Rift Valley, a geological phenomena emanating from the Red Sea to Mozambique. Arrive at the Masai Mara in time for lunch and an afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight in a lodge or luxury camp.
The whole day will be spent game viewing and exploring the park’s high concentration of wild animals. On the plains are enormous herds of grazing animals including the elusive cheetah and leopard hiding amidst acacia boughs. In the afternoon, an optional visit to a Maasai village can be arranged (at extra cost). Here you will be welcomed by the locals singing and dancing, a sacred ritual that has formed their rich cultural tradition. Part of the tour includes a glimpse to their local homes and way of life. Return to the lodge/luxury camp for dinner & overnight.
Another fulfilling day spent in the Masai Mara with game drives. Optional visit to Masai manyatta can be arranged as well as game walks with resident Masai at an extra cost. All meals and overnight at the lodge or luxury camp.
Depart the Masai Mara for Lake Nakuru National Park to arrive in time for lunch. Enjoy an afternoon game drive around the lake and into the national park. Lake Nakuru hosts the world’s largest concentration of flamingos which line the edge of this alkaline rift valley lake. Pelicans and other bird species are also abundant and the adjacent national park host lions, giraffe, warthog, leopard and more. There is a rhino sanctuary and thus rhino sightings are almost guaranteed. All meals and overnight in a lodge/luxury tented camp of choice.
Depart Lake Nakuru after breakfast and proceed to Amboseli National Park via Nairobi for a lunch stop. Arrive Amboseli in the late afternoon with welcome views of stunning Mount Kilimanjaro (weather permitting) and a short game drive en-route. Dinner and overnight in lodge or luxury camp.
We will start the day before sunrise to enjoy the magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro and set off for another extensive game drive before the clouds build up over the summit. Snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and the majesty of this tropical mountain makes Amboseli an ideal photographer’s haven by offering a spectacular background for wildlife and scenic photography. Herds of elephants inhabit this swampy park along with lions, cheetah, buffalo, warthog, rhino and different species of antelopes. The park is also a home to many interesting bird species. All meals and overnight in a lodge or luxury camp.
Enjoy an early pre–breakfast game drive and last views of Mount Kilimanjaro. After breakfast, continue with game viewing and later proceed to Nairobi, arriving in the afternoon.