- 7 Days from$1890 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Mid Range
This safari will take you to Tanzania’s beautiful southern parks; Selous Game Reserve, Mikumi National Park and Ruaha National Park. Explore the wonderful scenery and impressive wildlife of these destinations. Stay in lodge accommodation and enjoy game drives and in Selous Game Reserve, a boat cruise on the Rufiji River.
- Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Ruaha National Park, Selous Game Reserve, Mikumi National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Buffalo, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon, Dik Dik, Forest Pig, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Oryx, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Boat Cruise, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Dar es Salaam
- Minimum age:16+
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,890 per person, based on two people travelling
- Lodge accommodation
- Daily meals
- Soft drinks & bottled water
- Safari guide & vehicle
- Parks entry fees
- Flights & visas
- Laundry & other extra services
- Passport / travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Chugu Tanzania Adventure Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Chugu Tanzania Adventure Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
In the morning after breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel or at the airport for the drive to Selous Game Reserve, the first destination on this safari. You will have lunch in the park where you enjoy wonderful game drives with beautiful wildlife scenery. After lunch continue with a game drive until late evening when you get to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
You will get out early in the morning for a game drive, returning back for breakfast around 9:30 am. After breakfast you will have a briefing about the boat cruise which will be the next main activity. You head to the point of preparation to get into c where you enjoy a boat cruise along the river until late evening.
You will have a breakfast at your lodge in Selous Game Reserve then head out to Mikumi National Park, arriving in time for lunch. Afterwards set off on a game drive enjoying the superb wildlife around Mkata flood plain. You will drive until late evening when you get back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Head out on a game drive early in the morning after breakfast, which will take you until late afternoon when you have a bush lunch at the picnic area in a park. After lunch you will start an evening game drive until late evening when you go back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Today you will leave your lodge in Mikumi and head to Ruaha National Park. a drive which takes about 3 to 4 hours. You will have lunch at Iringa town and spend a few minutes shopping if you wish. You will arrive in Ruaha National Park around early evening and enjoy a short evening game drive. This park has superb wildlife including the greater and lesser kudu, which are not found in any other national park in the southern circuit of Tanzania. Have dinner and overnight at Ruaha Cottages.
You will have breakfast at the morning then head out for a morning game drive, enjoy spotting the ‘big 4’ animals found in Ruaha. The game drive will take until late afternoon when you go for lunch. Afterwards go for an evening game drive before heading back for dinner and overnight.
Today is departure day as you leave Ruaha National Park and drive back to Dar es Salaam. You’ll be dropped off at the your next hotel or the airport.