7 Days from$1960 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Experience six action-packed days in southern Tanzania: enjoy an exciting boat safari and memorable adventures on game drives and walking safaris in Selous Game Reserve. Continue game viewing in Mikumi and Ruaha National Parks with sightings of crocodiles, zebra, impalas and many more animals as well as diverse bird life during game drives.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Ruaha National Park, Selous Game Reserve, Mikumi National Park
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon, Dik Dik, Giant Tortoise, Blue Monkey, Chimpanzee, Vervet Monkey, Eland, Oryx, Waterbuck, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Boat Cruise, Nature Walk
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Dar-es-Salaam
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,960 per person
- Toyota Landcruiser 4×4 Safari vehicle with pop up roof, 6 window seats & power adapters
- Airport transfer/ pick up and drop off
- Professional, English speaking guide and safari cook
- Hotel/lodge accommodation before and after safari (2 nights)
- Overnight stays in tents during safari
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Bottled water
- Sleeping bag (if needed)
- Tents, mattresses & camping equipment
- Flights, airport taxes & visas
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Health requirements (yellow Fever vaccination is compulsory if travelling to Tanzania)
- Travel & health insurance
- Extra nights & extra activities (can be arranged upon request at extra charges)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Pinnacle Adventures and Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Pinnacle Adventures and Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be picked up from your hotel or airport in Dar es Salaam for the drive to Selous Game Reserve, a drive of 218.6 km which takes approximately 6 hours. Arrive at the lodge in time for lunch. Enjoy an evening boat safari and overnight at your campsite.
After breakfast, set off (with your lunch boxes) to enjoy a full day game viewing inside the game reserve. With luck you’ll have great animal sightings including lion, elephant, giraffe, buffalo, zebra and many other species as well as numerous birds. In the afternoon proceed with the game drive until the evening then head back to the campsite for the overnight.
After early morning breakfast, you will collect all your belongings and a lunch box before departing to Mikumi National Park, enjoying a game drive en route with lunch along the way. Mikumi is rich with wildlife including antelopes, buffalos, elephants, zebra, giraffe, lions and lots of baboons.
After breakfast depart on a full day game drive in Mikumi National Park. A hot lunch will be served in the park around midday, followed by some leisure time before you go on another game drive until sunset. Return to the campsite for dinner and your overnight stay.
After an early morning breakfast, depart for Ruaha National Park. Enjoy the beautiful landscape along the way and stop for lunch at Iringa. From here you will proceed another two hours to Ruaha. Check in and go on an evening game drive until sunset.
On an early morning game drive witness another beautiful African sunrise. Your drive will continue for two to three hours before you drive back for breakfast and then go back out until lunchtime. Have another short break before continuing on an evening game drive until sundown.
After breakfast, head out on a game drive until lunchtime when you return to the camp for lunch. Afterwards set off on the drive back to Dar es Salaam.