- 6 Days from$1800 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Explore three of Kenya’s prime wildlife destinations in the company of a driver/guide; Amboseli National Park with its stunning views of Mt Kilimanjaro and impressive herds of elephants; beautiful Lake Naivasha which is home to Crescent Island Game Sanctuary where you do a boat cruise and walking safari; and the famous Maasai Mara National Reserve which is packed with remarkable wildlife and birds.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Lake Naivasha National Park, Crescent Island Game Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon, Dik-dik, Waterbuck, Oryx, Thomson's Gazelle
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Trekking, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:12
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,800 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- Transport in a safari vehicle
- Game drives
- Boat trip to Crescent Island
- Park entry fees and taxes
- Bottled drinking water while on safari
- Government taxes
- Flights & visas
- Optional activities (e.g. Maasai village visit, hot air balloon safari)
- Tips and gratuities
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Jumbo Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Jumbo Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Your driver-guide reports to your hotel for the start of the safari, with an 8am departure for Amboseli National Park. Arrive for lunch at the lodge, at the foot of the magnificent Mt. Kilimanjaro which dominates everything in sight. Head off on an afternoon drive, take in the spectacular scenery and see amazing wildlife, particularly elephants.
Dinner & Overnight: Amboseli AA Lodges
You will be taken on two game drives today, one in the morning from 6.15am to 9am which is before breakfast and the other in the late afternoon after lunch from 3.30pm to 6.30pm. Early mornings and late afternoons are considered the best time to spot animals at their most active. As your safari is private, your game drive timings are flexible, which is convenient if travelling with children or on honeymoon when you perhaps want to lie in longer on some of the days. You may also choose to have a full day game drive with a packed picnic lunch at no extra cost. Return in the evening for dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Dinner & Overnight: Amboseli AA Lodges
After breakfast depart for Lake Naivasha, a fresh water lake which is a popular tourist spot in Kenya for locals and foreigners alike. Arrive in time for lunch. The lodge offers beautiful natural spaces where you can see numerous bird species among the trees as well as spot some animals ranging from waterbuck to warthogs and zebras. In the afternoon you will depart for a tour to Crescent Island for a boat ride on the beautiful lake followed by a walking safari on Crescent Island. Crescent Island Game Sanctuary is located on Lake Naivasha, in the Great Rift Valley, and is one of the most beautiful parks in Kenya – often called Naivasha’s best-kept secret. It’s perfect for wildlife and bird watching. After enjoying your return boat ride you will later head back to the lodge.
Dinner & Overnight: Lake Naivasha Kongoni Lodge
After an early breakfast, the safari now heads to Maasai Mara National Reserve. Arrive at your camp in Maasai Mara for a leisurely lunch. Your afternoon game drive starts at 3.30pm, giving you the chance to spot some of the amazing wildlife in the reserve ranging from the big cats such as lion, leopard and cheetah to rhino, elephant and wildebeest. Our driver-guide will try their best to show you not just the ‘big five’ animals but the ‘big nine’ as well. Return to your tented camp by 6.30pm.
Dinner & Overnight: Julia River Camp or Jambo Mara (based on preference and availability)
Today you will be taken on two game drives, one in the morning from 6.15am to 9am, before breakfast, and the other in the late afternoon after lunch from 3.30pm to 6.30pm. Early mornings and late afternoons are considered the best time to spot animals at their most active. As your safari is private, your game drive timings are flexible. You may also choose to have a full day game drive when you head out for the whole day with a packed picnic lunch at no extra cost. Return in the evening for dinner and overnight at the camp.
Dinner & Overnight at selected accommodation
Arise early for a 6.30am game drive which will conclude your safari tour. Following breakfast and check out, you now head back to Nairobi with brief stops along the way at the Rift Valley Escarpment. Arrive in Nairobi mid-afternoon. Onward drop off transfer to the JKIA international airport for your flight home or drop off at your overnight hotel.