- 6 Days from$680 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This safari covers three of the very best Kenya wildlife reserves: Masai Mara National Reserve, Lake Nakuru National Park and Amboseli National Park. Take in the scenic views and search for the big five as well as many other large and small mammals and diverse bird species.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Lake Nakuru National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Topi, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Warthog, Baboon, Dik-dik, Waterbuck, Oryx, Thomson's Gazelle
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:2
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 680 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- Safari driver/guide & transport
- Game viewing
- Park fees
- Flights & visas
- Personal expenses & tips
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dennsland Trekk Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dennsland Trekk Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Pick up from Nairobi airport or hotel, proceed to the office for a briefing at 0:730 then later leave Nairobi city to Maasai Mara National Reserve. On the way, you will have two stop overs – one at the Great Rift Valley where you will learn how the escarpment was formed and one en-route at Nakok for lunch around 13:00. You will arrive at Maasai Mara National Reserve at 16:00, freshen up then go on an evening game drive for around two hours, watching the beautiful sunset over the savannah later. After the evening game drive go back to the camp for dinner and overnight.
Spend a full day in the well known Maasai Mara National Reserve, where the wildebeest migration occurs each year during the months of July to late October, you will go up to the Mara River where the wildebeest migration takes place. During the game drive, search for the big five – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard. There are also numerous birds species. Later have your picnic lunch at hippo pool and proceed with the game drive until 16:00. Head back to the camp or lodge to do any optional activities such as visiting a Maasai village. Dinner and overnight at the camp/lodge.
Wake up early in the morning for breakfast then check out and set off on a morning game drive where you be able to view sunrise, a good time for animal spotting as animals are often active in the morning. After the game drive, leave Maasai Mara to Lake Nakuru national park with lunch en route. You will enjoy scenic views of Lake Naivasha on the way to Lake Nakuru. Arrive late evening. check in to the hotel for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast head out on a game drive. Lake Nakuru is well known as the home of flamingos and the habitat of both white and black rhino species. You might also see tree-climbing lions and water animals like hippos and waterbuck which are found along the shorelines of Lake Nakuru. Depart from Lake Nakuru to Amboseli National Park, home of big elephants, arriving in the evening for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, leave with your packed lunch for an intensive game drive in the park. Home to elephants, hippos, and many other wildlife species, Amboselo also give you impressive views of Mount Kilimanjaro if the weather permits. It’s also one of the best parks for bird watchers and photography. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Enjoy an early morning game drive after breakfast then check out with your lunch and depart back to Nairobi or Mombasa.