- 5 Days from$1200 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Our northern Tanzania camping safari captivates those who experience this region’s enchanting beauty, an area which has preserved its purity on the ancient African continent. We will discover Lake Manyara National Park which features the largest concentration of baboons. The alkaline waters of Lake Manyara are encrusted with rosy feathered flamingos. Tarangire is famous for having one of the largest elephant populations in Africa. The Serengeti conjures up images of exploration, dramatic landscapes and exhilarating wildlife while the Ngorongoro Crater has been denoted as ‘Africa’s garden of Eden’.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Rhino, Buffalo, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon
- Activities:Game Drive, Game Viewing, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
- Minimum age:5
- Enjoy daily game drives
- Free park entrance and guiding fees
- Accompanied by an English speaking driver/guide
- Experience game viewing from a 4×4 vehicle with window seat guarantee
- Daily delicious meals
- Bottled water & soda during the game drive
- 4 nights’ accommodation
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 1,200 per person
- Transport (4×4 Land Cruiser) with open roof
- Camping & park fees
- Tent & mattress
- Professional English speaking safari guide & chef
- 4 breakfasts; 5 lunches; 4 dinners
- 1.5 bottle of water per day; tea and coffee with meals
- Travel insurance
- Visa and passport fees
- Increases in park fees where applicable
- Accommodation & meals in Moshi
- Personal items
- Sleeping bag
- Tips for safari guide & chef
- Soda and alcoholic beverages
- Extra activities (Hot Air Ballooning in Serengeti & Maasai Village)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Kilinge Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Kilinge Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will depart from Arusha in the morning and drive to Tarangire National Park where you will discover the true enormity of the deserted termite mounds and ancient baobab trees. The colossal herds of African elephants dominate the golden savannah and screeching flocks of the striking yellow collared lovebird can be heard from miles away. The wildlife that roams the scenic landscape of the Tarangire includes lions, giraffes, warthogs, ostriches, impalas, cheetah, mongoose, buffaloes and baboons. You will spend your first night at the Fanaka Camp, comprehensive camping facilities are on offer. There will be a tantalizing dinner served in the evening.
We will depart for the Serengeti National Park once you have finished your appetizing breakfast. If you are lucky you may encounter the odd animal en route as we pass via the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater. Tanzania’s oldest and most frequented national park, which is also a World Heritage Site and recently branded as one of the Seven Wonders of the World – the Serengeti is renowned for the annual migration of the herds and ever growing wildlife population. We will enjoy a picnic lunch on one of the kopjes (rock outcropping). Our game drive will venture further into the park. After the game drive, we will proceed to the Serengeti Camp where you will be provided with comprehensive camping facilities and an appetizing meal.
We will begin our day with an early morning game drive in the central Serengeti. The savannah is an active landscape and the air is flooded with the melodies the birds create as the regenerated sunlight starts to illuminate the full landscape. Your guide will study the prints on the ground to pursue predators. We will travel to the Simba Campsite, located near the rim of the crater. You will be provided with dinner and satisfactory camping facilities.
A scarce amount safari destinations produce the same experience as the Ngorongoro Crater – the game viewing is simply effortless. Most animals remain within the crater due to its high walls. This is the perfect location to view every member of ‘Big 5’ in one day. We will have a wonderful picnic lunch inside the crater. The unfilled caldera is also home to hyenas, hippo, zebra, wildebeest and an impressive variety of water birds. Your guide will enlighten you by sharing facts about the animals, vegetation and locating hidden animals. Fanaka Camp will provide competent camping facilities.
Nestled at the base of the Great Rift Valley escarpment, Lake Manyara National Park provides picturesque and varying scenery. We will have a picnic lunch in the beautiful park. Assorted habitats include rain forest, soda lake and savannah, which support the highly diverse ecosystem. With over four hundred bird species, some of which are migratory, the reserve is a birdwatcher’s delight. Lake Manyara houses the legendary tree climbing lions as well as buffalo, elephants, giraffe, impalas and hippos. We will proceed to Arusha in the late afternoon. Arrangements for transportation to the airport can be made on request.