5 Days from$2004 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Mid Range
This safari gives you a chance to experience the wildlife in Tanzania’s superb northern circuit parks; Tarangire National Park with its vast plains, Ngorongoro Crater and its wealth of wildlife and beautiful Lake Manyara National Park, home to tree-climbing lions and many species of birds.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater, Arusha
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kilimanjaro International Airport / Arusha
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 2,004 per person
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari in en suite tented camps and lodges as per itinerary
- Private safari guide
- Private 4×4 safari jeep with pop-up roof for game viewing
- Transfers in both directions from the International Airport
- Park fees
- Ngorongoro Crater fees
- Airport arrival/departure meet and greet at the airport
- On safari – vehicles are equipped with ice chest with mineral water, wildlife guidebook and a welcome packet with useful information for all guests
- Government taxes, VAT and service charges relating to accommodation and included meals
- Tanzania visa (USD 50 per person on arrival, USA and Canada passport holders USD 100)
- Personal expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages etc)
- Meals not listed as included
- Optional tours (balloon rides USD 500 per person etc)
- Tips and any items of personal nature
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Asili Explorer Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Asili Explorer Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
We will meet you at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) once your incoming flight has landed and transfer you to the East African Hotel. We will gather in the evening for a pre-safari briefing. We will also confirm you have the appropriate mandatory medical coverage and travel insurance. Overnight at East African Hotel.
We’ll begin with breakfast at the East African Hotel in Arusha, followed by a safari briefing and our departure to Tarangire National Park, arriving in good time for lunch. Then take a thrilling afternoon game drive through the vast plains of this captivating park. We’ll have dinner and set up for an overnight stay at Migunga Forest Tented Lodge.
Today we’ll visit the largest intact volcanic crater in the world, the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater. At more than 2,000 feet deep and 12 miles in diameter, the Ngorongoro Crater has one of the largest concentrations of wildlife in Africa. 30,000 animals make their home in this crater, making it an ideal place for sightings of the ‘Big 5’ – lion, elephant, rhino, buffalo, and leopard. We’ll enjoy a picnic lunch in this truly world-class attraction, also known as the ‘8th Wonder of the World’. We’ll return to Migunga Forest Tented Lodge for dinner and an overnight stay.
We’ll depart from the lodge and proceed directly to Lake Manyara National Park. Although small in size, this park is one of the most diverse reserves in the country. Lake Manyara covers two-thirds of the park, which is set against the backdrop of the Great Rift Valley. Before the valley lies swathes of groundwater forest, open grassland on the lake’s shore and the Soda Lake. We’ll enjoy a picnic lunch in this area with its grassy landscapes, hot springs, dense woodlands and steep mountains. Lake Manyara National Park is a birding paradise which plays home to more than 350 species of bird. The park is also famed for its unique and elusive tree-climbing lions. In the afternoon, we will depart Lake Manyara National Park for Arusha, enjoying dinner and an overnight stay at Outpost Lodge.
After breakfast, the morning is yours to spend at leisure – you may want to relax at the hotel,or visit the Maasai market. We will take lunch in the town of Arusha before driving directly to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) for you to board your outgoing flights. Enjoy your next adventure!