- 5 Days from$1250 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Come and explore Mikumi National Park, the closest national park to Dar-es-Salaam, nestled between the Uluguru Mountains to the northeast and Rubeho mountains. There are over 400 species of birds in the park so there is plenty to keep bird enthusiasts interested. Wildlife includes here are buffalos, impalas, zebra, blue wildebeests, lions, leopards, and giraffes. Continue to Nyerere National Park, formerly known as Selous Game Reserve, one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries. The Rufiji River has been designated as a photographic zone and is a popular tourist destination. On this safari you can try different safari activities such as a boating safari, walking safari, game drives and fly camping trips.
- Safari types:4x4 Safari, Birding Safari, Cultural Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Selous Game Reserve, Mikumi National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Elephant, Leopard, Lion, Buffalo, Wild Dog, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Dik Dik
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Dar-es-Salaam, end in Dar-es-Salaam
- Minimum age:18
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,250 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- Transport & airport transfers
- Entrance, park & guide fees
- Government tax & VAT 18%
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips & gratuities
- Spa treatments & laundry
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Tragelaphus Safari and Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Tragelaphus Safari and Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel or airport in Dar-es-Salaam and the safari starts toward Morogoro road, near Mikumi National Park. You will have a chance to see some wild animals cross the road like giraffes and impalas. After formalities are carried out we will start driving across the national park. Have lunch before the evening game drives start in Mikumi National Park. In the late evening, you will return for dinner and an overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will start another game drive to search for wildlife, passing different habitats of animals and with luck seeing prides of lions and herds of elephants. At noon you will enjoy a bush lunch then continue on you game drive, which includes a chance to participate in watching Masaai tradition dancing within the park. Then return to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
After breakfast head out on a half day game drive before exiting at the gate at Mikumi National Park and driving directly to Nyerere (Selous) National Park where you will arrive in the late evening for dinner and overnight stay.
After breakfast, you will embark on a full day’s game drive in the park with your packed lunch box. In the park you will be able to see a huge number of wildlife animals like lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes and greater kudu as well as many bird species. Afterwards, you will visit the Rufiji River. In the late evening, your driver takes you back for dinner and an overnight stay.
On this day enjoy a boat excursion around the great Rufiji River to see and observe a wide variety of aquatic species, plant species, birds, and reptiles along the river. Afterwards you exit Nyerere National Park and your guide will drop you at a planned location in Dar-es-Salaam. Say goodbye and leave for your onward plans.