5 Days from$2250 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Camping, Mid Range
Combine Tanzania’s wildlife and culture on this safari. Experience the excitement of an African wildlife safari in Tarangire and Serengeti Plains National Parks and Ngorongoro Crater, all teeming with incredible animals and birds. Also visit Lake Eyasi where you meet the Hadza tribe, traditional hunters and gatherers, who will show you their skills. At the end of the safari we trust you will have had the most fascinating experience creating memories of a lifetime.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Eyasi
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Dik Dik, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Oryx, Waterbuck, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Cultural Experience
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Moshi or Arusha
This is a suggested or sample Tanzanian safari itinerary – it can be adapted to suite your own personal needs and preferences, as well as for any seasonal changes or migratory animal movements. There are a wide variety of accommodation options to suit a wide range of tour budget options. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance or more detailed information, we will gladly assist you.
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,250 per person
- Full board accommodation & meals
- Transport in 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser with pop up roof for game viewing
- Private English speaking safari guide
- Bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi
- Park entry & Ngorongoro Crater service fees
- Government fees & taxes
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic beverages & sodas
- Items of a personal nature including laundry
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Optional tours (balloon rides at Serengeti USD 550 per person etc)
- Tips per group, driver guide $20/day, cook $10/day (for budget camping safari)
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Kilimanjaro Safari Experience‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Kilimanjaro Safari Experience‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Drive from Moshi or Arusha to Tarangire National Park for a full day game drive. Enjoy a packed lunch at a picnic site then continue on an afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at lodge or campsite.
After breakfast drive straight to Serengeti National Park with a packed lunch along the way. Enjoy an afternoon game drive until late evening. Dinner and overnight at lodge or campsite.
Very early breakfast then off for a sunrise game drive until about midday. Afterwards enjoy game viewing en route to Ngorongoro Conservation Area heading towards the crater rim. Dinner and overnight at campsite or lodge.
Descend into Ngorongoro Crater floor for an amazing full day game drive until the evening. Have a packed lunch at a picnic site. Afterwards drive to Karatu for dinner and overnight at a lodge or campsite.
After an early breakfast drive to Lake Eyasi to meet up with the Hadza tribe, the ethnic bushmen of Tanzania living in the neighbourhood of this soda lake. These bushmen are hunters and gatherers speaking by clicking. Set off on a hunting trip with them, an experience taking you way back in time, in a landscape which is absolutely pristine with huge baobab trees and some amazing gorges. You’ll be shown how they still make fire using sticks and dry grass and how they make their hunting objects such as arrows, bows and knives using local methods as well as the bead work of the ladies in amazing colors. Experience the tribe’s traditional dancing then after lunch drive back to Arusha or Moshi for the end of the safari.