- 4 Days from$2460 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJan, Feb, Mar, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Nov, Dec
On this classic Tanzania safari, discover the rich wildlife and scenic beauty of Tarangire National Park, home to numerous bird and wildlife species including the largest antelope, the eland; Serengeti National Park with its endless plains and remarkable annual great migration; and Ngorongoro Crater, an unbroken caldera full of diverse wildlife.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest
- Activities:Game Drive, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
- Minimum age:3 yrs
- Enjoy authentic interactions with the Maasai
- Search for big cats & high concentration of elephants
- View more animals than you ever thought possible
- Take in the endless plains of the Serengeti
- Drive down the adventurous track into the Ngorongoro crater
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,460 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national entry fees
- Flying Doctors insurance (AMREF) during the safari
- Free Maasai Boma Visit
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Moonlight Tours Expedition‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Moonlight Tours Expedition‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
In the morning our personal Safari Guide will be waiting for you at the reception for the start of your Tanzania adventure. We will leave Arusha at 8:00-9:00 hrs and proceed to Tarangire National Park, which is 118 kms away from Arusha and lies in an area of 2,850 sq kilometers. It’s a great bird watching destination with more than 500 bird species, the still waters in the swamps maintaining a green ecosystem that acts as a good breeding ground for birds. In Tarangire elephants are seen digging the dry river bed for underground streams, while zebras, gazelles, migratory wildebeest, buffalos and the largest on the antelope species, the eland, can be seen. Tarangire itself is more seasonal to wildlife and during the dry season the Tarangire River attracts a lot of wildlife.
After breakfast, you will continue towards the fertile highlands where wheat, coffee and corn are grown by the Iraqw people. Passing through the Ngoro Ngoro Conservation Area, you will be able to see the breathtaking Ngorongoro Crater before traveling onwards to the Serengeti National Park, which you will reach by midday. The Serengeti National Park is the largest park in Tanzania with diverse landscapes and habitats, such as grassy plains, swamps, lakes, savannah and mountains. Here the biggest wildebeest and zebra migration takes place and depending on the season, it’s a great characteristic of a Tanzania adventure. One might be lucky enough to have the opportunity to witness thousands of animals on their search for food and water. After an extensive game drive, you will drive to the Seronera Valley for an evening meal and overnight stay at your tented camp.
After an early breakfast you will head out for another game drive in the Serengeti National Park. You might be able to spot the “Big Five” – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino and leopard – before embarking on your journey to the Ngorongoro Crater. The animals roam freely through the unfenced reserves offering you an uninterrupted game viewing experience. Arriving at the edge of the crater you will have your first glimpse of what awaits you the following day – glistening streams, open grassland and an infinite amount of animals.
Start with an early breakfast at your camp then pack your things before you leave the camp for morning animal sightings inside the crater. Ngorongoro Crater is an unbroken caldera where thousands of animals live in and, if you’re lucky, you will see the big five animals. In the afternoon you will sit for your picnic lunch at the hippo pool then continue with afternoon animal sightings as you drive out of the crater on the way back to Arusha.