- 4 Days from$1100 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Camping, Mid Range
This safari takes you to Tarangire National Park, which features some of the greatest concentration of game in Tanzania – second only to the Ngorongoro Crater – but less crowded and unspoiled – possessing a wild and unkempt beauty. Continue to Serengeti National Park, the heart of wild Africa and a massive wilderness of 14,500 square km where every day brings a new landscape and new adventure. Then visit the largest intact volcanic crater in the world, the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater, home to one of the highest concentrations of game in Africa. Here you will witness an amazing spectacle of African wildlife inside a self-contained world. We promise you a safari including a great guide, amazing sights of wildlife, mesmerizing views of Mother Nature, and above all, a fantastic experience!
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Dik Dik, Eland
- Activities:Game Drive, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:5
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,100 per person
- Accommodation before & after safari (double rooms with breakfast)
- Accommodation on safari
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Bottled water, soft drinks, thermos with hot tea/coffee
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide
- Land Cruiser 4×4 with pop-up roof
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO)
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to the airport
- All park fees
- Flights & visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips to your safari guide ($20-50 per day per car)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Nakuja Africa Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Nakuja Africa Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Whatever your arrival time at Kilimanjaro International Airport, your Nakuja Africa Adventures driver-guide will be waiting for you with a warm welcoming smile to transfer to your hotel in Moshi/ Arusha.
Overnight at hotel in Moshi/Arusha
We depart from your lodge in Moshi/Arusha and proceed to Tarangire National Park. Tarangire is known for its vast herds of elephants:: it’s estimated that there are over 2,500 elephants in the park. We enjoy an outdoors lunch overlooking the bluff and viewing Tarangire plains. After a game drive, late evening we leave the park and drive to Mto wa Mbu near Lake Manyara or Karatu.
Dinner and overnight at campsite or lodge
After breakfast we depart from our campsite or lodge and drive to the great Serengeti National Park. The word ‘Serengeti’ means ‘endless plains’, which describes the park’s 5,600 square mile boundary. Yet for its sprawling area, the Serengeti does not disappoint when it comes to rich game viewing. The Serengeti ecosystem is one of the oldest on earth and it boasts one of the most varied collections of wildlife on the planet. Annually, from May to December, millions of animals embark on a migration which brings them from central Serengeti to Kenya’s Masai Mara and back again in an incredible spectacle. Even during the ‘down-time’, vast herds of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle roam here, along with groups of elephant, giraffe, and buffalo, as the lions, leopard, cheetah, hyenas and jackals stalk their meals. In the evening, we make our way to the campsite or lodge.
Dinner and overnight at campsite or lodge
After breakfast in the morning we start a game drive in the central of Serengeti. In the afternoon we begin our drive from Serengeti to Ngorongoro via Oldupai George with your picnic lunch. The Oldupai Gorge provides evidence of the earliest signs of mankind, where hominid footprints are preserved in volcanic rock 3,600,000 years old. Ngorongoro Crater is the world largest caldera measuring at more than 2,000 feet deep and 12 miles in diameter.
Dinner and overnight at Simba campsite or lodge
Today we descend into Ngorongoro Crater to explore the panoramic, game-rich prairies of this ancient volcanic caldera with crater walls nearly 2,000 feet high. Ngorongoro offers the safari experience of a lifetime in a setting unmatched the world over. Observe profuse and diverse wildlife roaming freely in an authentic ‘lost world’ where it’s possible to encounter every member of the Big Five in a single day. Enjoy lunch al fresco in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. After lunch and a short game drive, we depart the crater and ascend the walls of the crater climbing up to the rim and begin our long drive back to Moshi/Arusha.