4 Days from$1507 p/p in USD
Luxury, Mid Range
One of Uganda’s most popular game parks, Queen Elizabeth National Park is one of the best for wildlife and birdwatching safaris. This short safari enjoys a morning game drive in the park and an afternoon boat cruise on Kazinga Channel. You’ll also have a night on a farm to experience looking after the local cattle. Located in western Uganda, near the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo, Queen Elizabeth National Park lies within the Albertine Rift Valley spanning a variety of eco systems. The crater lakes, grassy hills, open savannah, woodland and lush forest jungles, support plenty of wildlife in an area of 1,978 square kilometers.
Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Entebbe International Airport
“Africa- you can see a sunset and believe you have witnessed the hand of God. You watch the slope lope of a lioness and forget to breathe. You marvel at the tripod of a giraffe bent to water. In Africa, there are iridescent blues on the wings of birds that you do not see anywhere else in nature. In Africa, in the midday heat, you can see blisters in the atmosphere. When you are in Africa, you feel primodial, rocked in the cradle of the world”
– Jodi Picoult. This is indeed true of Uganda.
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 1,507.00 per person, based on 2 sharing pax
From USD 1,352.00 per person, based on 3 sharing pax
From USD 1,171.00 per person, based on 4 sharing pax
From USD 1,157.00 per person, based on 5 sharing pax
From USD 1,068.00 per person, based on 6 sharing pax
From USD 1,056.00 per person, based on 7 sharing pax
Safari Prices – our prices vary depending on the itinerary and the number of people on the trip. We try to make our prices all-inclusive so that our clients are not reaching for their wallets all the time. The 4×4 Land Cruiser and safari guide will be at your exclusive use throughout the safari which provides you with great flexibility. Your guide will accompany you throughout your safari, assist you with check-in at your accommodation and share his knowledge with you on flora and fauna of Uganda. The only things currently not included are guest drinks and items of a personal nature (souvenirs, tips, etc).
- All ground transportation, fuel and transfers as per itinerary
- All meals as specified in itinerary
- Accommodations as per itinerary
- 1 night at Hotel No.5
- 1 night Emburara Farm Lodge
- 1 night Mweya Safari Lodge
- Activities as per itinerary
- All game drives in 4WD vehicles
- Water in the vehicle
- Ranger guide fees
- Park & conservation fees
- All applicable taxes during the trip, administration and banking fees
- International flights
- All airport departure taxes
- All passport and visa fees (USD50)
- Any meals not specified on the itinerary
- Drinks, specialty wines, spirits and champagne
- Items of a personal nature: fax, telephone, etc.
- Any extras and additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel/medical insurance
- Laundry in Entebbe/Kampala
- Gratuities for Guide/driver/hotel staff
- Trip cancellation, travel delay or baggage insurance.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays beyond our control.
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Uganda Safari Chapter‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Uganda Safari Chapter‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Arrival at Entebbe International Airport where you’ll be met and assisted by a UGANDA SAFARI CHAPTER representative. Transfer to Entebbe for overnight at Hotel No 5, a stylish boutique hotel with luxurious rooms opening onto the garden and swimming pool. The rooms are air-conditioned, with a small outside sitting area facing the gardens and swimming pool.
Overnight at Hotel No 5 (BB)
This morning after breakfast, your guide will pick you from your hotel and drive to the western region of Uganda where you will see the treasured long horned Ankole cattle. On the way, stopover at the equator before continuing on your journey. On arrival you will check into your lodge, have lunch and take a rest before doing an evening farm activity such as Okuriisa (herding cattle), Okweshera (taking the cows to the watering trough), bringing the cows back to the kraal and witnessing the process of making different local milk products.
Overnight at Emburara Farm Lodge (FB)
After breakfast leave the lodge for a morning game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park, searching for wildlife such as lion, Ugandan kob, oribi and more. After the drive we will head to Mweya Safari Lodge for lunch. Later in the afternoon take a boat trip on Kazinga Channel and experience wildlife up close; hippos huff and spray mere feet away, buffalo linger in the shallows and a tremendous variety of birds grace the grasses on the river’s edge. Among these you will see are the malachite and pied kingfishers, great white and pink-backed pelicans and the open-billed stork. With some luck you will even spot elephants on the river bank coming for a drink and a bath. We return to the lodge for dinner.
Overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge (FB)
We return to Entebbe (about 8 hrs drive) to your hotel or to the airport for your flight out.