- 4 Days from$2080 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Join us for the opportunity to discover four Kenyan communities and the chance to help support the wonderful people that create these vibrant places. Make your way through rural villages and visit a Maasai tribe as you explore the beautiful landscapes that surround Nairobi. You will meet various members of each of the communities that are doing their best to help create a better life for all. Discover the amazing projects that these woman have started and donate your time in a local soup kitchen. Get to know the young mothers and grandmothers that are bringing change to their villages as you learn about their lives. A cultural safari that is sure to leave you inspired and filled with admiration for these strong and courageous women.
- Safari types:Cultural Safari, Educational Safari, Guided Safari
- You will visit:Nairobi
- Activities:Village Visit, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:5
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,080 per person, based on two people travelling
- $2,120 – per person (1 pax)
- $2,080 – per person (2 pax)
- $2,040 – per person (3 pax)
- $2,000 – per person (4 pax)
- $1,960 – per person (5 pax)
- $1,920 – per person (6+ pax)
- $1,760 – per person (seniors)
- $1,060 – per person (8-17 years old)
- $0 – children (5-7 years old)
- 3 x nights accommodation at Palacina Hotel
- Unlimited fruit, water, tea & coffee
- Breakfast & lunch each day
- 2 x restaurant dinners (Day 1 & 3)
- Daily pick-up & drop-off transfers
- Pick-up & drop-off airport transfers
- Services of an English speaking guide
- A traditional hand-made Maasai wrist band
- International flights
- Day 2 dinner
- Personal expenses & tips
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘One Horizon Africa‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘One Horizon Africa‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Get a feel for life in a local impoverished community and their struggle to eat a meal a day. Visit a children’s center that One Horizon helps, providing the kids with their only regular meal. The funds for these meals come from travelers like yourself by supporting our organisation on these trips into the communities. Lend a hand at the center and feel the reward of helping feed the hungry kids when you receive a beautiful grin in return. A truly satisfying experience that help the families in the area survive.
Spend an incredible day with amazing Kenyan women who have managed to overcome the most difficult challenges that life can bring. You will visit a vocation and lifestyle training center where the local woman in the area undertake an 18 month program that help equip them with the skills they need to support their families. A chance to meet the woman and get a feel for the sense of community as you discover how they work together to better their futures. The experience will allow you to walk away with a new perspective on life.
Today you will visit another local community for the chance to meet some of the entrepreneurial Kenyan grandmothers. Grandmothers are an integral part of Kenyan families and play a vital role in keeping them together. They help raise their grandchildren and provide a home and meal to more then one generation. Visit a local pig farm and discover the bio-gas system that helps create energy out of the waste the pigs make in order to power a home. Sit with the grandmothers and listen to their stories in between some singing and dancing. A inspirational day as you learn how resilient people can be.
Venture into Maasai country where you will meet a family who have lived in a traditional Maasai community for generations. Your host will be one of the village elders, an heir to his clan and meet his wife and children too. The male children of the family are young morans, the traditional defenders of the tribe. Learn about their traditional rites of passage while also discovering the intricacies of the Maasai family structure. An amazing day where you will get the chance to become an honorary Maasai, learn how to throw a traditional spear and immerse yourself in an ancient culture.