- 3 Days from$1200 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Queen Elizabeth National Park is the most popular and easily accessible game reserve in Uganda. Situated on the floor of Albertine Rift Valley overlooking the mysterious Mountains of the Moon (The Ruwenzori’s) in south-western Uganda, the park covers 2000 square km and includes a remarkable variety of eco systems from semi-deciduous tropical to green meadows, savannah, crater lakes and swamps. A total of 95 mammal species have been recorded here, the highest for any Ugandan National Park. It is home to the famous tree-climbing lions along the Ishasha Sector, the Ugandan kob, and other antelopes species, as well as elephants, buffaloes, hippos, baboons, and elusive primates in the scenic Kyambura gorge. A total of 547 confirmed bird species have also been recorded in Queen Elizabeth, one of the highest totals in the world and truly remarkable for such a relatively small reserve. In addition to all these fascinating game viewing and birding; a relaxing boat trip along the Kazinga Channel is irresistible.
- Safari types:Guided, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Chimpanzee, Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, Cheetah, Zebra, Antelope, Ugandan Kob, Hippo, Crocodile, Giraffe, Topi, Waterbuck
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise, Nature Walk, Birding
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe/Kampala, end in Entebbe/Kampala
- Minimum age:7+
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,200 per person
- 2 nights accommodation in self-contained rooms
- Transport in a 4WD safari van
- English-speaking guide
- Game drives & 2 boat trips
- Unlimited mineral water in the van
- Park entrance fees
- All applicable Uganda Wildlife Authority taxes
- Domestic and international flights
- Visas for Uganda
- All kinds of beverages
- Tips and personal expenditures such as laundry
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Umarella Voyage Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Umarella Voyage Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On arrival day (the day before) our representative from Umarella Voyage Safaris will be eagerly waiting for you at Entebbe International Airport. You will be transferred to your choice of accommodation for relaxation, dinner and overnight. Today, you will be picked up from your hotel at 6.30am, followed by a drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park (6-7 hrs), with a brief stop-over at the Equator for photo opportunity and souvenirs. Proceed through the magical Ankole cattle herds grazing alongside the road and scenic tea plantation, lunch en route. Check-in, and relax at the accommodation facility of your choice. In the afternoon, if it appeals to you, you may go for a sunset game drive before returning to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Enjoy a warm-up cup of coffee as you set off for an early morning game drive (about 6.30am). This is an awesome experience to spot the wildlife in their natural habitat, with a high chance of spotting elephants, solitary cape buffaloes, hyenas, lions, leopard, antelopes, warthogs and beautiful birds. This park has spectacular scenery including crater lakes and rolling savannah plains overlooking the snow caps of the Rwenzori Mountain ranges. Thereafter you return for a full breakfast at the lodge and relax till lunch.
After lunch, take a relaxing boat cruise on Kazinga channel – this is a huge opportunity to spot animals as they come to cool off down the stream. Queen Elizabeth National Park is the leading birding destination with over 600 bird species including pelicans, kingfishers, hammer corps, woodpeckers, cormorants, goliath heron and the rare shoebill stork; have a good time spotting these birds. Later you return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
On your last day with us, you will have relaxed breakfast and check out of the lodge followed by the drive to the Entebbe airport or other departure point.
Thank you for travelling with Umarella Voyage Safaris