- 3 Days from$900 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
This drive in-drive out Tanzania safari will take you through two of Tanzania’s most popular parks; Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Conservation Area. With the best services from us you’ll spend two days in the endless vast plains of Serengeti and a whole day in the Garden of Eden, Ngorongoro Crater. This safari gives you a chance to see the famous big five alongside other animals like impalas, zebras, antelopes and many more.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Waterbuck, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Arusha, end in Arusha
- Minimum age:1
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 900 per person
- Accommodations & meals
- Professional driver/guide
- Transport in a 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser with pop-up roof
- Drinking water
- Park & TANAPA fees
- Flights & visas
- All beverages at the camp/lodge
- Accommodation before/after safari
- Tipping for the staff members (driver/guide)
- Medical & travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Tanzania Solely Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Tanzania Solely Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
An early departure from Arusha around 7:30am then drive through the beautiful colors and scenic views of the Maasai steppe, the journey taking you through the beautiful highland farms of Karatu and Ngorongoro Conservation Area as you approach the majestic vast land of Serengeti National Park which hosts one of the largest and most diverse predatory-prey interactions worldwide. Proceed to central Serengeti also known as Seronara area, the place is famously considered as the predator capital of the world, and also features the Seronara River. The area is a must visit as it offers variety of different habitats; this may be due to its all year-round water source. In the evening your guide will take you to the accommodation facilities for dinner and overnight.
After having an early breakfast in the heart of the Serengeti we will proceed with game driving as we indulge in the beauty of the oldest eco system on earth. Mornings here can be a bit chilly so keep your sweater on. Continue with a game drive till afternoon and head back to camp for a hot lunch. Today only half of it will be spent in the Serengeti, we will keep exploring the unique nature teemed with animals such as zebras, hippos, wildebeest, giraffes, and elephants. After lunch we will head south east towards Ngorongoro Conservation Area.
Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest inactive, intact and unfilled volcanic caldera while Ngorongoro Conservation Area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979, has glorious landscape, filled with about 25,000 animals including ungulates, the Big Five and other large mammals. It is also one of the best places to spot critically endangered animals like black rhinos, golden cats and wild hunting dogs. The soda ash lakes are part of the unique features that contain alkaline water which supports a large number of water birds especially the flamingos. This place is managed for both wildlife and Maasai people who have long resided in the area so while we are driving in the area you will be able to see the unique lifestyle of the Maasai people.
While driving around the rim of the crater, we can look down and spot the herd of wildebeest or buffalos. After descending into the crater, the floor of the largest unbroken caldera in the world popularly known as the Garden of Eden, the whole day will be spent game driving in the crater floor, so keep your eyes open as you might spot the endangered black rhino. Enjoy a picnic lunch at the Hippo Poolside picnic site, and resume game driving in the afternoon as we head out of the Ngorongoro Crater, and later drive back to Arusha.