- 3 Days from$780 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Located on the Ewaso Ng’iro River, Samburu National Reserve is one of Kenya’s smallest parks and best kept secrets. Rich in wildlife including some unique species such as Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, necked gerenuk and Beisa oryx, it’s also home to four of the Big Five (there are no rhinos).
- Safari types:Family Safari, Guided Safari, Romantic Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Samburu National Reserve
- Wildlife:Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Beisa oryx, Giraffe, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino, Jackal, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Optional Activities
- Getting around:Game Viewing Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Nairobi, end in Nairobi or Mombasa
- Minimum age:1
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 780 per person
Minimum of 2 people required to book this package
- Transport in a customized safari van with an open roof for game viewing
- 2 nights accommodation at the safari lodge
- 2 litres of bottled water each day per person
- Pick up upon arrival and drop off after safari
- Entrance fees
- Services of English speaking guide
- All government taxes
- International flights
- Any optional activities
- Travel insurance
- Tips and personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Absolute Holiday Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Absolute Holiday Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast at your Nairobi Hotel you will meet Absolute Holiday Safaris staff and for a briefing and introduction to your drive/guide. Depart Nairobi for Samburu National Reserve, located in northern Kenya, via the equator line and Kikuyu farms. Upon arrival at Samburu National Reserve check in at your lodge, have a little siesta followed by evening game drive. The reserve is well supplied with water by Ewaso Nyiro river and with luck you will spot a large number of wildlife that come to drink from the river. After the game driver return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Breakfast at the lodge then depart by 08:00 for a full day’s game viewing. Search for the unique species of animals that inhabit the reserve such as Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, necked gerenuk and Beisa oryx as well as lion, buffalo, cheetah, zebra among others. Break for your picnic lunch with the reserve and continue up to 17:00 when you leave the park for an optional activity with the local community – choose to either visit a village or go on a camel ride. Dinner and overnight at your Samburu lodge.
Enjoy an early morning and final game drive within Samburu National Reserve returning to the lodge for a full breakfast. Check out and drive back to Nairobi where you will be dropped at your Nairobi hotel or transferred to the airport to catch your onward flight.