3 Days from$642 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Luxury, Mid Range
Visit Amboseli National Park on this safari, known as the best place in Africa to view magnificent herds of elephants. Join us on this safari viewing elephants, Cape buffalo, impala, lion, cheetah and much more. Even better, your safari adventure is set against the backdrop of snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro and offers Africa’s finest views of the continent’s highest peak. This is a photographer’s paradise with striking sunrises and sunsets. Plus, you’ll have the option to visit a Masai Village and meet the Masai. This safari is an all-inclusive package and the cost includes transport, park fees, full board accommodation at a camp or safari lodge of your choice in the Amboseli region.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Amboseli National Park
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Gerenuk, Topi, Eland, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wild Dog, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
Minimum age:2 years
- The world’s best free-range elephant viewing
- Magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro and its snow-capped peak (weather permitting)
- Lions and other Big Five viewing
- Wildebeests, cheetahs & hyenas
- Observation Hill with its vistas of Amboseli National Park – views of elephant herds and the wetlands
- Marshes viewing spot for elephant, buffalo, hippos, pelicans, geese and other water fowl
- Observe Maasai culture – optional visits to Masai village can be organised at an extra cost of $25 per person
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 642 per person
Single supplement USD 100
- Accommodation on full board basis
- National Park Fees
- Guide salary and allowances
- Game drives
- Drinking water
- Guide tips
- Anything not mentioned in Includes
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Africa Vacation Safaris - Safari Deal‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Africa Vacation Safaris - Safari Deal‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
We will pick you up from your Nairobi hotel, residence or Nairobi airport then head out in your private 4×4 Jeep on the Nairobi-Mombasa Highway. This is a relaxing drive through African savannah country, with local homesteads punctuating the vast plain. Watch for Maasai herdsmen, draped in their colorful wraps as they tend to their flocks. We should arrive in Amboseli National Park in the late morning. Enjoy the evening, our first of two in the park, at your choice of safari lodge or tented camp.
We like to rise early while on safari to set an adventurous tone for the day. On our first game drive of the day we’ll watch the light breaking upon the park and catch the wildlife as it appears on the savannah. Our next assignment: breakfast! And then another morning game drive through the park. One of the advantages of Amboseli is that the terrain is open with thin foliage which makes spotting game easier.
We’ll be looking for lion and leopard and the park’s almost ever-present great parade of elephants. Seeing the magnificent elephants patrolling in line before the majesty of Kilimanjaro is a special treat of this reserve. Lunch at your accommodation is next and perhaps some relaxing time; the pace is yours set as you want. If you want to fill your day with unlimited game drives, your guide is available to make that happen as well. We spend our second and final night in the park.
Our final day in the park and we want to squeeze in all the game viewing we can. We’ll start on a pre-breakfast safari and see what wildlife we can check off our list. Don’t forget to look for the smaller animals here like hyenas, foxes, jackals and monkeys. There’s also a colorful variety of rich bird life in the park – pelican, kingfisher, egret and heron are found near the park’s marshes and lakes. We’ll enjoy one more Amboseli breakfast, with views of great Kilimanjaro, and then a final game drive as we exit the reserve.