- 3 Days from$1500 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Luxury, Mid Range
This gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park will bring you face to face with the massive giants of this lush jungle – the mountain gorillas. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in the south western part of Uganda covering an area of 321 km2 and is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The forest lies at an altitude between 1160 m and 2607 m above sea level and is renowned as being home to over 450 mountain gorillas. With a guide you will track an allocated gorilla family and once found spend an hour watching them – an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Safari types:Gorilla Safari, Jungle Safari, Trekking Safari
- You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP
- Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla, Forest Pig, Black & White Colobus, Warthog
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe, end in Kigali
- Minimum age:15 years
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Photo session at the Equator
- Optional – community walk
Gorilla Trekking Tips
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far, you should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – a designated time and place for this will be communicated.
- Bwindi is a tropical forest and it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho.
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants.
- Wear long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash.
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,500 per person
- Full board accommodation for two nights
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Ground transport
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones
- Flights & visas
- Extras at the accommodation i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Tips to porters and driver/guide
- Travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Lets Explore Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Lets Explore Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Your day will start after an early breakfast as set off with your driver/guide southwards to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. The journey will offer you highway sights of rural and semi-urban Uganda with several fruit and vegetable markets along the roads, craft and drum makers and a stop at Uganda’s Equator monument where you will cross to the southern hemisphere. Afterwards, the drive continues with a stop over in Mbarara for lunch before proceeding to Bwindi with short bathroom stopovers and picture sessions of landscape and other attractions.
Drive time – 8 hours
Flight time – 1.5 hours
Meal plan – Lunch & Dinner
- Upmarket – Bwindi Lodge
- Mid-range – Haven lodge
- Budget – Buhoma Community Rest Camp
Early today your driver guide will pick you up from the lodge and transfer you to the briefing point at 7 am before you start your gorilla trek at 8 am. On arrival at the briefing point, you will be welcomed and given seats until time of briefing as your driver guide registers you with the ranger on duty to be allocated a gorilla family to track. Then you will meet your ranger guide and start your gorilla trek in the jungles of Bwindi. We advise you to hire a porter to carry your day pack because sometimes the gorillas could be located a distance far from the start of your trek, they can also help push or pull you along the steep slippery paths in the forest.
Optional – afternoon community walk
Meal plan – Breakfast, lunch & dinner
Today you drive back to Kampala. Have lunch at the Equator and enjoy picture sessions in both the northern and southern hemispheres. This will mark the end of your lovely Uganda holiday.
Meal plan – Breakfast & Lunch