- 3 Days from$700 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Our Tanzania safari, which includes Lake Manyara National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire National Park, has been designed to offer you a short but intense Tanzania northern circuit safari experience. You will experience the excitement of game viewing in three of the country’s most spectacular national game parks.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Lake Manyara NP, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Colobus Monkey, Baboon, Dik Dik, Blue Monkey, Forest Pig, Vervet Monkey, Kudu, Eland, Oryx, Waterbuck, Warthog, Gerenuk, Mongoose
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:13
Price Per Person
From USD 700 per person
- Accommodation, meals & drinking water
- Professional driver/guide & transport
- All activities
- Park fees
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All taxes/VAT
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Colours Africa Tours and Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Colours Africa Tours and Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast at 8:30 am we head into Tarangire National Park for a morning game drive. The park runs along the line of the Tarangire River and is mainly made up of low-lying hills on the Great Rift Valley floor. Its natural vegetation mainly consists of acacia woodland and giant African baobab trees, with huge swamp areas in the south. Both the river and the swamps act like a magnet for wild animals during Tanzania’s dry season. Tarangire National Park is reputed to contain some of the largest elephant herds in Africa as well as three rare species of animals – the greater kudu, the fringed-eared oryx and a few ashy starlings. We return to the picnic site for lunch after which we will head to Fig Tree Lodge for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast at 8:00 am we head to Ngorongoro Crater, descending 600m into this magnificent crater for a full day game drive. The Ngorongoro Crater is one of the most densely crowded wildlife areas in the world and is home to an estimated 30,000 animals including some of Tanzania’s last remaining black rhino. Supported by a year-round water supply and food, the Ngorongoro Crater supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo and elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park is its dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will enjoy a picnic lunch in the crater, after which we return to Fig Tree Lodge for dinner and overnight.
In the morning at 8:00 am we head to Lake Manyara National Park where you will be able to see tree climbing lions which are one of the park’s main attractions. Why these lions habitually climb trees is still up for debate but viewing a pride relaxing in an acacia tree is an incredible sight. The park is also famous for its elephant, huge number of baboons, and varied landscape with an impressive range of other game including wildebeest, buffalo, hippo, zebra, warthog, waterbuck, dik-dik, lion and impala. This small park is also home to over 400 species of birds, including flamingos, pelicans, storks, and cormorants. After a full day game drive in the park, you will leave the park and return to Arusha where the safari will end.