3 Days from$850 p/p in USD
In southern Tanzania, Selous Game Reserve is one of the largest faunal game reserves in the world. It’s home to larger numbers of some wildlife, such as elephant, black rhino, hippo, lion, buffalo, East African wild dog, Masai giraffe and zebra, than in any other national park or game reserve in Africa. With such incredible wildlife and untouched nature, it was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Selous Game Reserve
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Hyena, Wildebeest
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Dar es Salaam
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 850 per person
- Accommodation as mentioned
- All meals during safari (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Transfers to/from Dar-es-Salaam (airport or hotel)
- Private 4×4 custom built vehicle
- Drinking water
- Knowledgeable driver/guide
- Entrance fees to National Parks
- International flights
- Visa for Tanzania
- Tips for guide
- Personal expenses such as laundry and communications
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Migration Venture Africa‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Migration Venture Africa‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be collected from your hotel in Dar es Salaam and driven to Selous Game Reserve by your driver/guide with a packed lunch. The journey will take about five hours through some of the most undisturbed and beautiful areas of Tanzania. Arrive at Selous Game Reserve in the afternoon in time for a boat safari, where you can see hippos and crocodiles in their natural habitat. Dinner and overnight will be at a camp.
After breakfast enjoy a full day game drive in Selous Game Reserve, rich in diverse wildlife including buffalo, lion, elephant, zebra, giraffe, impala, warthog, hippos and crocodiles. Return to the camp for dinner and overnight.
After an early morning coffee, head out on a wilderness walking safari accompanied by armed rangers – a thrilling way to experience the bush. Back at the camp enjoy breakfast and then drive back to Dar es Salaam, where you will arrive late afternoon for drop off at the hotel or airport.