3 Days from$420 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Explore the famous Masai Mara National Reserve on a 3-day budget safari that allows you to experience the best of Kenya’s wildlife in one of the greatest game parks in the world for an excellent price. Traverse the spectacular landscapes as you search for Africa’s big five, the huge grazing herds of wildebeest and zebra and the majestic black-manned lions of the Mara. Discover the overwhelming size of the endless grassland plains and pass through the magnificent Great Rift Valley. An amazing safari awaits on a journey through the homeland of the Maasai warrior tribes as you witness breathtaking wildlife sightings in one of the last truly wild spaces on earth.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Topi, Eland, Beisa Oryx, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog
Activities:Game Drive, Hot Air Balloon, Optional Activities, Village Visit
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 420 per person
- Professional English speaking safari guide/driver
- Transport in a open top safari van
- All meals while on safari
- 1l mineral water per person/per day
- All games drives included
- All park entrance fees
- Flights & visas
- Medical & travel insurance
- Beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- Personal expenses, laundry & tips
- Any additional/optional activities
- Balloon safari – $450 per person
- Maasai village visit – $25 per person
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Great Horizon Trails‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Great Horizon Trails‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Depart from Nairobi and head south along the floor of the Great Rift Valley. Stop for an en-route lunch in Narok before climbing the western escarpment and entering the greater Serengeti Plains. Arrive in the Masai Mara National Reserve in the afternoon and enjoy an evening game drive before heading back to your camp for the evening.
After breakfast you will head out into the reserve for a full day of game viewing. Explore as much of the massive park as you can while searching for the spectacular wildlife that inhabit the vast plains. Enjoy a picnic lunch before continuing your game drive. Depending on the time of year you can see the migrating herds of wildebeest that the park is famous for. Head back to your camp in the evening for a delicious dinner.
Enjoy a pre-breakfast game drive in the hopes of seeing one of the parks black-manned lions on your final morning drive. Later return to the camp for breakfast then depart for Nairobi, stopping for an en-route lunch in Narok. Arrive in Nairobi in the evening.