3 Days from$2000 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
Explore the deepest parts of the untouched African jungle in a search for the magnificent mountain gorillas of Uganda on a primate safari that takes you into the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Trek through thick undergrowth, up steep slopes, in wet conditions and discover where the gentle giants are hiding for an experience like no other. Visit two tribal villages to learn about some of Uganda’s beautiful cultural heritage and explore the scenic countryside with its diverse vegetation. All on an exciting 3-day safari that reveals the best of the ‘Pearl of Africa’.
Safari types:Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Jungle Safari, Primate Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla
Activities:Trekking, Village Visit, Cultural Experience, UNESCO Site
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kampala
Minimum age:15 years
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 2,000 per person
- Accommodation & meals
- English-speaking safari guide
- Transport in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Gorilla trekking permit & park fees
- Pick-up & drop-off airport/hotel transfers
- Bottled drinking water throughout the safari
- Flights & visas
- Travel & medical insurance
- Optional activities not in itinerary
- Personal expenses (laundry, souvenirs, etc)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘All Seasons Adventures | Uganda Gorilla Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘All Seasons Adventures | Uganda Gorilla Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You will be picked up from your hotel and begin the drive to the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in the southwest of Uganda. You will have a pit-stop at the equator line for some photographs before continuing to Mbarara Town for lunch. You will arrive at your lodge in the Bwindi forest in the evening and enjoy a delicious meal before having some down time as your excitement builds for what awaits you in the morning.
After an early breakfast, you will make your way to the park headquarters for a briefing on the guidelines for your trek. You will then head into the jungle in search of the gentle giants in their natural habitat. The time to locate them is dependant on where they have moved to and can range from 2-6 hours. The conditions can be wet and difficult, making it all the more rewarding when you find them. You will get to sit with and observe the amazing creatures for an hour while also taking some photographs. Later you will head back to your lodge for lunch and then head out for a cultural walk. You will visit one of the Batwa Pygmie Villages for a chance to learn a bit about their culture. After a full day of excitement, you will head back to camp for dinner and a well deserved rest.
After breakfast, you will begin your journey back to Kampala, filled with new memories from your time with the mountain gorillas of Uganda. You will pass through the terraced hills of Kigezi and other scenic landscapes in the countryside. Stop over at the Igongo cultural centre for lunch to learn about the Ankole tribe and then continue on to Kampala, marking the end of your trip in the ‘Pearl of Africa’.