- 22 Days from$4412 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
Camping, Luxury, Luxury+
This safari takes in Sri Lanka’s stunning landscapes, pristine beaches, captivating cultural heritage, remarkable wildlife and unique experiences. Sri Lanka is a peaceful island located in the Indian Ocean in South Asia with a history dating back to the birth of time. It is the place where the original soul of Buddhism still flourishes and where nature’s beauty remains abundant and unspoiled. This island of magical proportions once known as Serendib, Absorbance, the Pearl of the Indian Ocean and Ceylon – many names mean one island, Sri Lanka. Within a total area of 65,610 sq km, 8 UNESCO World Heritage sites, 1,330 km of coastline including pristine beaches, 15 national parks showcasing an abundance of wildlife, nearly 500,000 acres of lush tea estates, 250 acres of Botanical Gardens, 350 waterfalls and 25,000 bodies of water in a country whose history extends back to over 2,500 years – Sri Lanka is quite incredible!
- Safari types:Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Wilpattu National Park, Udawalawe National Park, Sinharaja National Park, Hill Country, Sigiriya Archeological Site, Anuradhapura, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Dambulla, Negombo , Sinharaja Forest, Ella, Bogawantalawa, Pigeon Island National Park, Trincomalee
- Wildlife:Leopard, Elephant, Sloth Bear, Spotted Deer, Sambar Deer, Wild Water Buffalo, Toque Macaque, Golden Palm Civet, Red Slender Loris, Birds
- Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Hiking, Sightseeing Tour, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle, Train
- Start/end:Start in Colombo, end in Negombo
- Minimum age:7
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 4,412 per person
Prices range from USD 4,412 – 8,530 depending on the number of guests and accommodation options taken which include single, double, and triple rooms. Please enquire for further details.
- Accommodation in hotels on a sharing basis
- Meal plan on bed & full board basis as per itinerary
- Silk Route/Fast Track service at the airport on arrival with meet and assist service (clients will be paged at the aerobridge and fast-tracked through immigrations/custom formalities. Baggage clearance will be done by lounge staff while clients enjoy a lite snack with tea or coffee in the Silk Route Arrival Lounge)
- Train Ride from Ella to Nanuoya on available class
- Transportation throughout the tour in an air conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide and a driver
- Entrance fees to all sites and monuments as per itinerary
- Drinking water during all transfers and tours (available in the vehicle)
- Service charges and all Government taxes
- Flights & visas
- Optional activities
- Anything not mentioned in the includes
- Any optional tours or transfers
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Ceylon Travel Dream‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Ceylon Travel Dream‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On arrival, you will meet our chauffeur/guide at the Topaz Lounge at Bandaranaike International Airport. You will be served tea/coffee with some snacks until your baggage arrives. Then you transfer to Colombo and check in at the hotel. Afterwards you will be at leisure to explore Colombo city. Back to the hotel for your overnight.
Today you will head to Sinharaja Forest Reserve. Check in to the hotel and spend the rest of the day at the resort, enjoying the breathtaking views of the surroundings.
After breakfast we leave the hotel for Sinharaja Forest for a day trip. A knowledgeable naturalist will lead the tour. Afterwards return to the hotel.
After breakfast, we will continue our journey to the waterfall trail around Sinharaja Forest. Thereafter you will back to the hotel for your overnight.
After a relaxed morning and breakfast, we leave Sinharaja and head towards Udawalawa National Park. Check in to the hotel and enjoy a few hours of rest before heading into Udawalawa National Park in the evening for a game drive. On completion you will return to the hotel.
Today you will have breakfast then leave the hotels for the Elephant Transit House in Udawalawe. Afterwards we head off on the drive to Ella, arrive at the hotel and then spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Enjoy breakfast with a view of the mountains at the hotel restaurant. Around 8:00 am we will hike the Mini Adam’s Peak. Once completed, we will head to Lipton headquarters thern return to the hotel.
This morning you will experience a majestic train ride from Ella to Nanouya, which includes the most amazing scenery along the route. Your driver will go to Nanuoya station in advance and wait for your arrival. After the lovely train journey, you will be taken to a traditional tea factory (active factory) where you will learn about the process of making the best tea in the world. Everyone will have the opportunity to taste the different varieties of tea. Afterwards, you will check in to the hotel for your overnight.
After breakfast you leave Nuwara Eliya for Bogawantalawa where you will take a short walk in the tea plantation before heading back to the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel then a transfer to Kandy and check in at the hotel. The rest of the day is devoted to leisure.
Today enjoy an amazing local experience visiting the Temple of the Tooth Relic then the town of Kadugannawa. Lunch will be organised by yourself.
After breakfast, visit the Royal Botanical Garden of Peradeniya then enjoy a unique dance performance about Kanyan at the YMBA.
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and start the journey to Sigiriya. En route, you will visit the Sri Lankan Spice Garden at Matale and the Dambulla Cave Temple. On arrival at Sigiriya, check in at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel, leave around 9:00 am and go up to the “rock fortress” of Sigiriya. Afterwards proceed to Polonnaruwa and enjoy a farmers lunch at Priyami Gedara before heading to the archaeological site.
After breakfast, we will head further towards the east coast of the country. Your next destination is the port city of Trincomalee. The rest of the day is free to enjoy the sun and the sea.
This morning you will depart for Pigeon Island National Park for a boat trip. In the evening, relax on the beach or by the pool.
Today you will visit the amazing beach of Nilaveli and enjoy a day of leisure.
After breakfast, we will continue our journey to the Northern Province and visit the ruins of Anuradhapura.
Today you drive to Wilapattu National Park for a fantastic wildlife experience, on the way stopping at the ancient monastery of Ritigala. On arrival at Wilpattu, check in to the luxury campsite.
Today embark on a full day safari at the Wilpattu National Park and enjoy Sri Lanka’s real wilderness. Leave the campsite around 06:00 am. You will be served a packed breakfast and lunch during the safari together with plenty of soft drinks and water to keep you hydrated.
After breakfast, you will set off to Negombo for your last night in Sri Lanka. Here you will discover Negombo Lagoon as well as relax on the beach and in the evening explore Negombo city with your guide.
After a late breakfast at the hotel depart for the airport.