- 2 Days from$1090 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This short safari is intended for those with limited time who wish to do a short wildlife safari with the opportunity to visit Tanzania’s superb Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater, home of impressive wildlife and beautiful landscapes.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Thomson's Gazelle, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Dik Dik, Eland, Waterbuck, Warthog, Grant's Gazelle
- Activities:Game Drive, Optional Activities, Birding, UNESCO Site
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 1,090 per person
- All meals & accommodation
- Transport in Land Cruiser 4WD with pop up roof
- Professional English speaking guide
- 1.5ltr mineral water per person/day during game drives
- Return airport transfers
- All park fees, entry fees & crater fees
- Amref Flying Doctors/Medical Evacuation Insurance
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic drinks & beverages in lodges
- All items of a personal nature
- Gratuities for safari guides
- Travel insurance
- Other items not included in the itinerary
Day by Day Overview
Our safari driver guide will pick you at 08h00 from your lodge or the airport in Arusha. Head off in your private 4×4 safari vehicle to Tarangire National Park for a full day game drive with packed lunch boxes. The park is most famous for its elephant migration, birding and quiet authentic safari atmosphere in a unique surrounding of baobab trees. You will enjoy a game drive exploring the park. Today we will focus our drive in the eastern side of the park, the ‘River Circuit’. Lunch will be taken in a picnic site. At sunset you will drive to your camp/lodge in Karatu for dinner and overnight.
Early wakeup call then after having tea/coffee and a short breakfast, proceed with a short drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Upon arrival, after the gate procedures, we drive down to the crater floor for wildlife game viewing. The crater and surrounding highlands are one of Africa’s most beautiful regions, with volcanic craters forming stunning backdrops to some of the richest grazing grounds in Africa. The caldera of Ngorongoro marks the ancient walls of a collapsed volcano, which was probably once the size of Mt. Kilimanjaro. Today the completely enclosed circular crater is some 12 miles across, with steep walls of over 2,000 feet. At an altitude of approximately 7,500 feet above sea level, this is the highest point on our trip. After our time on the lower plains, the cooler air here is refreshing (please have a fleece/jacket with you as it can get cold during early morning and evening hours).
With its abundant water, excellent grazing and natural protection from the densely vegetated crater walls, the crater provides shelter to over 25000 animals, including the endangered black rhinoceros. We descend 2,000 feet to the crater floor to explore this natural zoological park, and observe an extraordinary variety of wildlife: elephant, lion, leopard, hyena, zebra, wildebeest, Thomson’s gazelle, reedbuck and buffalo. The lovely crested crane (similar to a peacock) can be found in great profusion here and maybe you’ll spot a bat-eared fox. The balance of predator and prey in this extraordinary ecosystem is so precise that animals seldom leave. Lunch will be served at a picnic site inside the crater. In the afternoon we ascend the crater and drive back to Arusha for your flight back home or onward arrangements.