2 Days from$2706 p/p in USD
Budget, Luxury, Mid Range
On this safari discover Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and trek to find a gorilla family to spend an hour with for a truly memorable experience. Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is the top gorilla trekking destination in Uganda, home to almost half of the world’s remaining population of mountain gorillas, which are only found in Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo. About 19 mountain gorilla families are habituated in Bwindi and the families are allocated in 4 sectors of the parks. A specific sector is allocated for trekking at the time of booking. Trekking gorillas in Uganda rather than Rwanda saves a traveler about US$ 800 off their gorilla trekking permit since the price for a Rwanda gorilla tour permit is US$ 1500. This safari is private and available all year round.
Safari types:Gorilla Safari
You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Wildlife:Mountain Gorilla, Birds
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kigali, Rwanda
Your Safari Route - 2 Days gorilla trekking safari Uganda from Kigali
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 2,706 per person
- Uganda gorilla trekking permit
- Accommodation & meals as indicated
- 4×4 safari vehicle
- A professional English-speaking knowledgeable driver guide
- Bottled drinking water on board
- International flights
- Any changes to the itinerary
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Kabira Safaris and Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Kabira Safaris and Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Start your 2-day gorilla safari with a transfer from Kigali in Rwanda to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda. Depending on your time of arrival, your Uganda safari driver guide will be at your place of residence, hotel or lodge in Kigali for the transfer using a safari vehicle to Uganda.
The drive takes you past a very beautiful scenery of the Virunga ranges for about 4-5 hours. Arriving in the afternoon to your booked accommodation facility in the sector allocated for trekking, you check in, relax, have dinner and spend the night here.
- Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
- Accommodation Options: Luxury: Buhoma Lodge/Chameleon Hill Lodge, Mid-range: Buhoma Haven Lodge/Gorilla Mist Lodge, Budget: Buhoma Community Camp/Gorilla Valley Lodge
Following an early breakfast, you will head to the park headquarters for a briefing on the rules and regulations for Uganda gorilla trekking safaris. A total of 8 tourists are allocated a single gorilla family depending on their hiking ability.
The trek starts with each group being accompanied by a park ranger. The activity can take about 2-6 hours depending on where the gorillas spent their previous night. Upon seeing the gorillas, a maximum of 1 hour is allocated in the presence of these gentle giants for photography and amazing gorilla safari experiences. After the trek, you return to the park headquarters where you receive a Uganda gorilla trekking certificate. Your driver guide then ensures a safe transfer back to Kigali.
- Meal Plan: Breakfast & Dinner