- 2 Days from$222 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This quick tour to Tanzania’s Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater offers a multitude of memorable experiences in a short amount of time. Explore one of Africa’s seven natural wonders, the Ngorongoro Crater, and Tarangire National Park which boasts many species of vegetation and animals. Tarangire is known for its endless plains of savannah and immense elephant herds, you will be introduced to the infamous big five and marvel at the colossal landscape of the crater in Ngorongoro. We have ensured that you will be able to experience many aspects of the Tarangire National Park and Ngorongoro Crater in a short amount of time.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Family Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Tarangire National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest
- Activities:Game Drive
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
- Minimum age:6 months
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 222 per person
- Pick up and drop off
- Transport in 4×4 Land Cruiser with open roof
- Camping & park fees
- Tent & mattress
- Professional English speaking safari guide & chef
- 2 breakfasts; 3 lunches; 2 dinners
- 1,5 bottle of water per day; tea and coffee with meals
- Travel insurance
- Visa and passport fees
- Increases in park fees if applicable
- Personal items
- Tips for safari guide & chef
- Soda and alcoholic beverages
- Extra activities
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Jairos Adventures‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Jairos Adventures‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Early in the morning we depart Arusha for Tarangire National Park. Once we arrive in Tarangire we will begin exploring the enormous termite mounds and ancient baobab trees while the park is renowned for its diverse bird species and extensive population of elephants. There are also regular sightings of lion, giraffe, warthog, ostrich, impala, cheetah, mongoose, buffalo and mischievous baboons.
After viewing the wildlife in Tarangire we will continue our journey to our next highlight the Ngorongoro Crater. Close to Lake Manyara, Fanaka Camp will provide comprehensive camping facilities and we put up our tents for the night. Dinner will be served at the campsite.
We will have an early start to ensure that we complete the itinerary for the day which includes a magnificent game drive with a picnic lunch in the Ngorongoro Crater. Animals infrequently migrate in and out of the crater due to its elevated walls which means you are capable of spotting every member of the big five in one day – buffalo, elephant, rhino, lion and leopard. Some of the other wildlife that you can expect to see include zebra, hippo, wildebeest and hyena. The crater also feature an extensive bird population including geese, storks and vultures. You will be graced by the lovely flamingos on the Soda Lake.
Our guides are highly skilled and will impress you with their ability to track down animals. This is a skill that a book cannot teach you and that a selected few can perform. Your trip will come to an end in the late afternoon and we will return to Arusha. Arrangements for transportation to the airport or a hotel in Arusha can be made on request.