2 Days from$445 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
This simple itinerary is ideal for a budget conscious traveller; visit Tarangire National Park, known as the ‘small Serengeti’, searching for the Big Five and much more in this scenic corner of Tanzania. Continue to another safari hot spot, the Ngorongoro Crater, home to one of the densest animal populations in East Africa.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Ngorongoro Crater
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Wildebeest, Baboon, Kudu, Eland, Waterbuck, Warthog
Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Moshi Town, Kilimanjaro
- Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
- Departing From: Moshi/Kilimanjaro
- Non game-viewing travel time: 4½ Hours
- Distance: 260 kms
- Departures: Daily
- Best time: All year around
- Departure Time: 0800 hrs (possible to leave earlier than)
- Accompanied by our company’s cook/chef. THE BEST!!
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 576 per person
- Camping and all meals while on safari
- Transport in 4×4 Toyota Land Cruisers with pop up roof for game viewing
- Private English speaking safari guide
- Transfers to & from the International Airport and Moshi
- Park entry fees
- Government fees & taxes
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Enough bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- Pre/Post Safari Accommodation in Moshi / Arusha
- Flights & visas
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional Tours (balloon rides in the Serengeti USD 550 per person etc)
- Tips (tipping is per group (not per person), suggested tips – Driver guide: $20/day, Cook: $10/day (for budget camping safari)
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Bantu Pori Journeys‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Bantu Pori Journeys‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
In the morning drive to Tarangire National Park with a packed lunch for a full day’s game viewing. With a permanent water source, the park is home to enormous herds including 3,500 elephants and excellent game viewing is virtually guaranteed. Wildlife you might see includes cheetah, lion (some tree-climbing!), leopard and hyena. The park is also host to a number of rare species including eland, oryx, kudu and gerenuk. After lunch at a beautiful picnic site we depart the park with a game drive en-route to a campsite for dinner and overnight.
Deriving its name from the Tarangire River which winds its way through the park, Tarangire National Park is mostly made up of grasslands, flood plains and acacia woodlands, along with thousands of baobab trees which make for a spectacular backdrop. During the dry season the game viewing is exceptional as a mass of wildlife flock to the river and wetlands. The vast size of the park lends a remoteness to the safari experience and offers an opportunity to really get away from the crowds.
Overnight: Kigongoni Campsite
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
After an early breakfast, a lovely drive takes us to Ngorongoro Crater, where we descend into the crater and spend the morning hours tracking animals. This magnificent natural ground is said to have the largest concentration of animals in all of Africa, including a high density of lions as well as thousands of flamingos. The ever changing mood of this great game region will hold our attention every second. After a late lunch at the hippo picnic site we proceed on another game drive en-route to back to Arusha/Moshi town.
Ngorongoro Crater was formed millions of years ago when a huge volcano collapsed in on itself, the Ngorongoro Crater is one of the largest calderas in the world and home to one of the densest animal populations in East Africa. Visitors to the conservation area can enjoy amazing game viewing including the Big 5 along with spectacular views from the top of the crater.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch