- 14 Days from$3500 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Uganda has a wealth of highlights and attractions, which includes fascinating primates, abundant wildlife and birds and impressive scenic beauty. On this safari we shall take you to explore Uganda’s wildlife and some of its scenic beauties like Murchison Falls. During these two weeks, you get to see different species of birds: forest, savannah, wetlands and water birds as well as see the big five, track gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and go on a chimpanzee expedition in their natural environment of Kibale Forest for an encounter of life time, with wild but habituated chimps. You visit Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls National Park and all through the journey you will experience lots of unique geographical features with scenic allure, plus a great deal of diverse cultures.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Primate Safari, Trekking Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale National Park, Murchison Falls National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
- Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, Cheetah, Zebra, Antelope, Red-tailed Monkey, Black-faced Vervet Monkey, Golden Monkey, Ugandan Kob, Hippo, Crocodile, Bush Buck, Rhino, Black & White Colobus, Giraffe, Topi, Waterbuck, Big Five, Red Colobus
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Boat Cruise, Nature Walk, Village Visit, Birding
- Getting around:Game Viewing Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Kampala, end in Entebbe/Kampala
- Minimum age:15+
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 5,000 per person – luxury/mid-range accommodation
From USD 3,500 per person – budget accommodation
- Full board accommodation when travelling luxury/midrange
- Bed and breakfast only when staying in budget facility
- All ground transportation in fully customized safari vehicle
- English speaking Driver/Guide
- Meals en route
- All National Park activities & game drives as per itinerary
- Chimpanzee & gorilla trekking permits
- Park entrance fees
- Flights, visas & departure taxes
- Activities/accommodations in Kampala & those not mentioned in itinerary
- Meals if staying in budget facilities
- Wines, beers. spirits & other drinks (other than the bottled mineral water) while on safari
- Items of a personal nature
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Umarella Voyage Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Umarella Voyage Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Early in the morning wake up with a served breakfast then depart to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, passing via Lake Mburo National Park and with a stop over at Hotel Triangle in Mbarara for lunch. Afterwards continue to Bwindi while taking the Ntugamo, Rukungiri route. Check in to your booked lodge, have dinner and overnight.
This is one of the highlights of your safari, meeting with the gentle giants of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Expect to walk long distances in steep and muddy conditions, sometimes with rain over head, before you encounter gorillas. But it will definitely be worthwhile as you observe them closely while they eat, play and rest – a unique and unforgettable experience. Also enjoy bird watching and the sights and sounds in the forest. Dinner and overnight at lodge booked.
After breakfast you meet and greet your guide representative who will transfer you to Queen Elizabeth National Park by road. The southern sector of this protected game reserve is called Ishasha sector. Check in and enjoy lunch at the lodge before going on a game drive in search of the famous tree climbing lions in Ishasha sector. Overnight at booked lodge in Ishasha.
In the morning enjoy another game drive to find lions and their prey. We depart to the southern part and head towards the Mweya Peninsula with a gama drive en route. Have lunch at the lodge while overlooking Kazinga Channel, the natural channel that connects Lakes Edward and George. In the afternoon take on boat cruise along Kazinga Channel (inclusive of snacks and drinks on the boat). You will be able to see abundant bird life as well as elephants, buffaloes and hundreds of hippos that cooling off at the shores. The cruise will be one of the highlights of your safari. Dinner and overnight at booked lodge.
After breakfast we will depart the national park heading towards Fort Portal, which rests in the shadow of the tabled ‘Mountain of the Moon’, famous for having many tea plantations. From this lovely town we will continue to Kibale Forest National Park while passing to the regions of crater lakes. Here we will explore some small lakes before heading to our accommodation for dinner and overnight in Kibale.
Kibale Forest opens its doors for sensational chimp tracking. The forest is reputable of having the greatest variety and highest concentration of primates in East Africa. Enjoy a guided nature walk in the tropical rain forest in search of wild chimps, red-tailed monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys and many others. After lunch transfer to Bigodi Swamp for birding and primate watching. Home of great blue turaco, Bigodi Swamp is initiated through the community and famous for its many species of birds and primates with welcoming local guides of KAFRED. Dinner and overnight at booked lodge.
After breakfast, check out of the lodge and then depart to Murchison Falls National Park passing via Hoima and Masindi to reach Para Safari Lodge. Check in for lunch and take the rest of the day to relax after the long journey while enjoying the sunset. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
After breakfast enjoy a game drive on the banks of the Nile with chances of seeing giraffes, elephants, lions, hartebeest different and many different species of birds like shoebill stork and cattle egrets. In the afternoon the safari will continue with a boat cruise on the Nile for game viewing at close quarters. Dinner and overnight at booked lodge.
Wake up early in the morning with a breakfast prepared for the journey to Kidepo Valley National Park, Uganda’s second biggest national park. We shall pass via Gulu town and have stopover for some shopping before continuing with the journey to the park. You will check in to the booked hotel for lunch and have the rest of day for relaxing and enjoying the sunset. Dinner and overnight at booked lodge.
After an early morning breakfast, you shall have a game drive where you will be able to see a lot of wildlife including ostrich and many others bird and animal species. Then in the afternoon you will have another game drive to the hot springs.
Today you go for an early morning game drive. With a chance of seeing a good number of flora and fauna you then return to the lodge for lunch. In the afternoon, set off for the cultural walk, with a chance to meet the Karamajong people in Kapedo and Karema. One of the cultural items that you see is the kraals, the grinding stones and many more African crafts which are amazing.
Wake up early in the morning with a delicious breakfast and start your journey to Jinja, passing the scenic views of the Upe plains and the great views of Mount Elgon and Sipi Falls. Have a stopover in Mbale town for lunch at Mbale Resort Hotel while enjoying the place. Afterwards you will proceed to Jinja to your booked hotel, check in and take the rest of the day to relax.
Early morning after breakfast you will travel to the source of the Nile for a boat cruise. Enjoy seeing a lot of bird species such as pied kingfisher and many others, while visiting the source of the longest river in the world. It’s such memorable moment you will never forget it. Afterwards drive back to Mabira forest in the evening and check in to the booked lodge.
You will have a relaxed breakfast and check out of the lodge where you will be picked up and transferred for your flight at Entebbe airport or other departure point.