- 12 Days from$9880 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Small Group
Explore the exotic wilderness of these amazing countries and see Africa as you have never seen her before on an exciting primate and big five safari. Visit the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest for the chance to sit with huge mountain gorillas and trek through the Kibale rain forest in search of chimpanzees to observe our closest animal-kingdom relatives. Make your way through Murchison Falls National Park to see a spectacular waterfall surrounded by pristine landscapes, teeming with wildlife. Track one of Africa’s rarest creatures at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and enter Volcanoes National Park in the hopes of finding the golden monkey. All this while staying in stunning lodges and experiencing the local culture first hand.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Primate Safari, Trekking Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Volcanoes National Park, Kigali Genocide Memorial, Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale National Park, Murchison Falls National Park, Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Wildlife:Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Elephant, Rhino, Lion, Antelope, Birds, Hippo, Leopard, Buffalo, Cheetah, Hyena, Red-tailed Monkey, Black-faced Vervet Monkey, Patas Monkey, Forest Pig, Ugandan Kob, Crocodile, Bush Buck, Jackal, Oribi
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Boat Cruise, Nature Walk, Sightseeing Tour, Birding, Cultural Experience
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, 4x4 Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe, end in Kigali
- Minimum age:15
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 9,880 per person
- Accommodation as listed in the itinerary
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Professional English speaking guide/driver
- 1 x chimpanzee permit per person
- 1 x gorilla permit per person
- Activities as listed in the the itinerary
- Pick-up & drop-off transfers
- All park entrance fees
- Flights & visas
- Medical & travel insurance
- Beverages (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- Personal expenses & tips
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Arrive Africa Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Arrive Africa Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our representative will pick you up from your hotel in the morning and begin the drive to Murchison Falls via the famous Luwero Triangle. You will stopover at the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary for a rhino tracking experience allowing you to get really close to these amazing creatures. Have lunch in Masindi before arriving in the park in the late afternoon.
Wake up before sunrise for a game drive in the park on the Nyamsika Plateau to spot incredible wildlife and search for the rest of the big five. Later in the day enjoy an afternoon boat ride on the Nile River, making your way upstream to the base of the falls. You will see hippo, crocodile and a wide variety of birds like the rare shoebill stork. Make your way to your lodge for the evening.
In the morning you will visit the top of the falls and see where the Nile squeezes itself through a 7-meter gorge before tumbling 40 meters in a thunderous explosion before coming to rest in the calm waters below. Thereafter, drive to Kibale National Park where you will have dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Today you will head out for your chimpanzee trek in the Kibale Forest which is also home to the rare L’Hoest’s Monkey and several other primate species. The trek will take 2-3 hours depending on where the chimps are. In the afternoon you will go for a guided nature walk in the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary. You can meet the local people in Bigodi to learn about their traditional activities and lifestyles while on the walk.
In the morning you will make your way to Queen Elizabeth National Park with a stopover at the equator, the crater lakes region and the Amabere Ga Nyina Mwiiru Caves. These caves are fascinating due to the rocks that ooze a milk-like substance that hold mythological and cultural meaning to the locals in the area. Visit the cave chamber that is said to have been the resting place of the Bachwezi Dogs with what appears to be paw-prints on the ceiling of the cave. We then make our way to the park for the evening.
An early morning game drive awaits in search of elephant, lion and leopard. After some good game viewing you will enjoy some lunch before your boat ride along the Kazinga Channel. The water attracts many animals and birds which provide an excellent opportunity to see them from the river as they drink on the banks. Head back to your lodge for dinner.
A morning game drive to the Ishasha region in search of the famous tree-climbing lions, where you could see them in the branches of massive Fig Trees. Later make your way to the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for the evening and enjoy a hearty dinner.
After breakfast you will make your way to the reserve headquarters for a briefing before heading out in search of the big apes. The trek can take anything between 2-8 hours depending on where the gorillas were last seen and the weather conditions. A tough trek will reward you with an hour of undisturbed peace as you watch these amazing creatures interact with one another. Head back to the lodge and if you feel up for it, join a walk through the local community and meet the Batwa people who used to live in the Forest. Spend the rest of the day relaxing at the lodge before dinner.
After breakfast you will cross the border into Rwanda and make your way through the beautiful countryside, passing bamboo forests and spectacular views of the Virunga Mountains. Arrive at the Volcanoes National Park where you will spend the evening.
In the morning, head to the park headquarters for a briefing and then begin your search for the golden monkey. Enter the dense forest for a 2-5 hour walk in nature to find these beautiful animals and after the forest walk you will make your way back to your lodge for the rest of the day.
In the morning we will drive to Kigali to visit the Gisozi Genocide Memorial that is dedicated to the people who lost their lives in the 1994 genocide, claiming more than 1,000,000 souls. Later make your way to your hotel for the evening.
After breakfast you will go on a tour of the city, visiting the markets for souvenirs and to experience the life of the people in this city before making your way to the airport for your flight home.