10 Days from$1836 p/p in USD
Experience the freedom of a self drive safari and discover the most beautiful places and fascinating wildlife in Tanzania. With your own vehicle, you are free to decide what adventures you want to experience. Driving a 4×4 Suzuki Escudo with roof top tent and camping equipment, it’s a tough vehicle, capable of going anywhere, making it ideal for an exciting self-drive adventure.
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Camping Safari, Self Drive Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area & Crater
Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hippo, Crocodile, Cheetah, Wild Dog, Hyena, Wildebeest
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start in Arusha/Dar es Salaam, end in Arusha/Dar es Salaam
Rates – Per Person USD
From USD 1,836 per person
Our camping equipment includes:-
- Rooftop tent for 2 adults
- 2 sleeping bags
- 26 liters of the fridge
- Charging system
- Cooking utensils: forks, knives, table spoons, teaspoons, cups, plates, cutting board, chopping knife, bread knife, pan, plastic container, serving spoon, iron pot
- Cooking banner stove
- 40 liters jerrycan of water
- 2 camping chairs and table
- Camping light
- Shovel, panga and hammer
- Tow rope
- Visas fees
- All park entry fees
- Personal, travel and health insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Mili Adventure Africa‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Mili Adventure Africa‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On arrival you will collect your self-drive vehicle in Arusha, Kilimanjaro airport (JRO) or any other location in Arusha which suits you. You will be given your vehicle and briefed about it and its camping equipment. Stay in Arusha ready to set off the next day.
Today you depart to Tarangire National Park, which is 2-3 hours away from Arusha. Once inside the park you can enjoy your game drive, taking it at your own pace as you drive yourself. Spend two nights here to really explore the park.
Head out of Tarangire National Park and drive to Ngorongoro Crater by descending into the crater. Renowned for its incredible wildlife and stunning scenery, explore the crater while you stay here for two nights.
Drive to the Serengeti National Park and enjoy two nights here. It’s the ideal spot to see the great migration if you’re here in January or February. On your second day head further north into the Serengeti where the scenery and wildlife viewing will take your breath away.
Break the journey back to Arusha with two days at Lake Manyara National Park, a beautiful park home to thousands of flamingos and many other bird species as well as a wealth of wildlife.
Make your way back to Arusha, hand back the vehicle and you’ll be transferred to the airport.