Wild Wheels 4x4 is owned and operated by Letaka Safaris and Hi Range Safari City. Letaka Safaris is a Maun-based multi award-winning safari company in Botswana and has a fleet of over 20 vehicles and 45 staff, including 3 full time mechanics, all of which stand behind Wild Wheels to support the brand and its interests. Having run mobile tented safaris throughout Botswana’s most remote areas for the past 17 years, the Letaka team come with a vast amount of unique destination knowledge and experience.
Hi Range Safari City is a fitment and retail business, specialising in off-road accessories, fabrication and camping modifications and has been operating in Gaborone for the last 9 years. We pride ourselves in providing our clients with the best suited products for our conditions, as can be seen on our Wild Wheels vehicles. Together, these two companies offer the full complement of services and expertise needed, to provide clients with the best possible self-drive safari experience in Botswana.
- 1 x Toyota Land Cruiser Station Wagon
- 1 x Toyota Land Cruiser Single Cab
- 4 x Toyota Hilux Double Cabs
- 6 x fully equipped vehicles, with a full complement of equipment needed for a comfortable and convenient safari, including roof top tents, bedding, fridge/freezers, kitchen units, utensils, gas cookers, braai/BBQ grill, water storage, recovery gear, satellite phones, GPS, car seats (if needed), 2 spare wheels, long range reserve fuel tanks, dual battery systems, lighting.
- Preplanned itineraries (including camp bookings). These are based on 10, 14 and 21 day itineraries and can be customized to some degree based on client preference. Our reservations team are on call to provide insight into the locations as well as suggesting various alternatives which may be beneficial in enhancing the experience for the client.
- Full 24-hour backup for any breakdowns or emergencies.
- Vehicle tracking so that we always know the whereabouts of our clients if we need to get to them in a hurry.
- Drop off/pick up service from various airports and locations.
- "Vehicle Only" service – unequipped vehicle for transit between locations, for clients who do not need the camping inventory, but still require a 4x4 with the necessary capabilities.
- Full “pre-departure” equipment briefing and basic 4x4 etiquette.
- We have bases in Maun and Gaborone and offer itineraries for both the Northern and Southern areas of Botswana, with the option of a hybrid itinerary doing North and South on one itinerary, as well as cross border itineraries.