The Responsible Safari Company (RSC) is a Social Enterprise Tour Operator based in Blantyre, Malawi specialising in Sustainable, Educational, Philanthropic & Experiential Group Travel to the country. Operating since 2008, RSC provides specialised planning and logistical support for School Expeditions, University Field Trips, Charity & Adventure Challenges, Donor and CSR Groups as well as Independent Travellers. Specialising in tailored Educational Workshops & Challenge Events, RSC work in partnership with inspiring Community Initiatives offering immersive learning opportunities for students & businesses to gain an insight into key global challenges facing rural communities in Africa. We are committed to creating sustainable growth through social enterprise, reducing the dependence on the aid industry and driving tourism generated income to rural communities.
- We believe in the potential of Malawi’s people and that empowering them via tourism offers a chance to develop out of the poverty cycle.
- We believe that when promoting a fragile destination you need to ensure the benefits reach the local communities.
- We are committed to building the local economy in Malawi. By employing local people and creating sustainable growth through social enterprise, we aim to reduce the dependence on the aid industry.
- We believe in balance. Our tailored, educational and culturally diverse experiences awaken minds and inspire future generations.
- We believe that everyone should take the chance to #bepartofsomething.
- Malawi Tourism Association
- Malawi Travel Marketing Consortium
- Tourism Concern
- The International Ecotourism Society
- ATTA (Africa Travel & Tourism Association)
- Council for Learning Outside the Classroom
- Scotland Malawi Partnership
- Unashamedly Ethical
- Classrooms for Malawi