4 Days from$2170 p/p in USD
Guided, Small Group
An iconic safari – if seeing the wildebeest migration (either calving or river crossings) is on your bucket list, this is the trip for you! Travel by air to the vast open plains of Tanzania’s Serengeti; grasslands dotted with wildebeest herds moving in unison for fresh water and grazing. Bunching up at rivers, teetering bravely on the edge before leaping into the churning waters, attempting to cross and avoid the crocodiles ever-waiting for an opportunity to grab a straggler – need we say more!
Safari types:Big Five Safari, Birding Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Arusha
The Serengeti together with Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Park form Africa’s most famous wildlife park. The image of acacia trees on an endless grass plain epitomises Africa for many, and then add a Masai warrior and some cattle to the picture and the conversation need go no further. The annual wildebeest migration through the Serengeti and the Masai Mara is the largest mass movement of land mammals on the planet – with more than a million animals following the rains. But that is not where the game viewing ends; large prides of lions, elephants and giraffes in grasslands, gazelles and eland to mention but a few.
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 2,170 per person 15 Mar – 30 Jun 2019
From USD 2,845 per person 01 Jul – 31 Oct 2019
From USD 2,170 per person 01 Nov – 15 Dec 2019
- Rates are per person
- Included in the rate is a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All taxes/VAT
- Round trip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Zambezi Safari & Travel‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Zambezi Safari & Travel‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
You’ll be met on arrival at Arusha for your flight transfer to Ndutu Wilderness Camp, your base for the next 3 nights. Eco-friendly Ndutu was constructed to minimize the effect or “footprint” on the surrounding area and offers a sense of luxury. 10 large en-suite tents, solar lighting and shower.
Enjoy thrilling game drives in the neighboring areas and visit the spectacular Olduvai Gorge, drive to the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater. The adventurous game walks are carried out within this area led by local Conservation Rangers and experienced Masaai guides.
Professional staff will be on hand to look after your every need, and our safari chef will prepare wholesome and varied meals during your stay at the camp. Meals are served in a large mess tent and the communal lounge and bar area is a great place to relax in the cool evenings.
Cultural experiences – visit to the nearby local villages to experience the intriguing Maasai culture. Check out the various local projects (for example planting trees, schools and health centre).