7 Days from$3200 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Start with a stay in Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda’s largest protected area, home to a wide range of savannah wildlife, and enjoy game drives, a boat trip to the base of the Falls for amazing views and rhino tracking. In Western Uganda, visit stunning Kyaninga crater lake where there are superb forest walks in the surrounding area.
Safari types:Family Safari, Guided Safari, Walking Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Murchison Falls National Park
Wildlife:Birds, Lion, Buffalo, Antelope, Hippo, Crocodile, Oribi, Giraffe
Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Boat Cruise
Getting around:4x4 Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Entebbe International Airport
- Activities – Game drive, rhino tracking, boat cruise, bird watching, hiking, sightseeing.
- Tailor-made – We are specialists in personalized, tailor-made travel and your holiday will be custom-designed to suit your requirements. We are all individuals, so why be tied to a set group tour or a set itinerary? Our experienced staff can help you design your own individualized holiday. Explore at your own pace, choose your own style of accommodation and include your own choice of sightseeing and activities.
- Accommodation – It will greatly depend on your budget. We can and will help you choose from the list when planning your trip. At whatever level, we provide the very best for our guests. Kubwa Five Safaris reserves the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of equivalent standard is not available Kubwa Five Safaris may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest a superior at an extra charge. There is free wi-fi in hotels.
- Our Drivers /Guides – We recognize that the success of your safari will largely depend on your driver/guide. It is because of this that we have a great team of carefully selected and well trained driver/guides.
- Transport – 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser / Minivan (up to eight passengers) with pop-up tops and seven window seats for game viewing. Groups of twelve or more people who would like to travel in one vehicle are offered 25-28 seat coasters that have about 16 window seats. Our safari vehicles are well maintained to provide a maximum level of comfort and safety.
Price Per Person – USD
- 1 person from USD 3,900 per person
- 2 people from USD 3,200 per person
- 3 people from USD 3,100 per person
- 4 people from USD 3,050 per person
- 5 people from USD 3,000 per person
- 6 people from USD 2,950 per person
- 7 people from USD 2,900 per person
- 8 people from USD 2,850 per person
- 9 people from USD 2,800 per person
- 10 people from USD 2,750 per person
Single Room Supplement: USD 100
Single Room Supplement: Most of the hotels have double rooms (a room with one big bed for 2 people or a room with 2 single beds occupied by 2 people) this means the 3rd person needs to occupy a single room (a room with one bed ). SRS applies to odd number groups (3, 5, 7, 9, 11 etc) and the SRS fee is paid by the person occupying a single room.
- Full board accommodation
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Services of an expert guide
- Ground transportation
- Airport transfers
- Park fees
- Government taxes
- Visa fees
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, pre-post accommodation
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Personal insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Kubwa Five Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Kubwa Five Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
On your arrival, Kubwa Five Safaris representative will welcome you to Uganda at Entebbe airport and transfer you to Sky Hotel in Kampala. The hotel is located 10 km from the city centre and has 29 rooms with twin beds and a restaurant. Depending on your arrival time, relax in your hotel after a long flight and look forward to your safari starting tomorrow morning at 7:00am.
Overnight at Sky Hotel
At 6.30 am, after breakfast at your hotel, you will then be driven across several districts to Murchison Falls National Park. A stopover will be made at Masindi where you will have lunch then proceed to the top of Murchison Falls, where the Nile forces its way through a gorge in the rocks and tumbles 43 m below flowing westwards in to Lake Albert. Then check into your hotel before setting off for an evening game drive when you can expect to see lions, buffalos, waterbucks, Rothschid’s giraffe, oribi, baboons, hippo, crocodiles, antelopes and various bird species.
Fort Murchison Lodge is a budget safari lodge situated just aon the boundary of the northern part of Murchison Falls National Park situated in the former Aswa lolim game reserve. Fort Murchison is the best place to stay in if you’re interested in archeological sites, the lodge was built with Swahili design ancient touch and comes in with a historical background. Fort Murchison overlooks the mighty Albert Nile with sweeping views of the national park.
Dinner and overnight at Fort Murchison Lodge.
After an early breakfast, set off for a morning game drive on the northern delta Nile. Lion, buffalo, waterbuck, Jackson’s hartebeest, Rothschild’s giraffe, oribi and baboons are some of the animals you might see. Also enjoy bird watching and taking in the scenic view of open savannah, woodland and riverine vegetation along the Nile and Albert delta.
Return to your lodge to rest and have lunch after which you will embark on a three hour boat cruise on the Nile (2-5pm). This boat ride offers an amazing view of Murchison Falls from the bottom angle. Hippos, crocodiles, antelopes and aquatic birds can be seen along the shores of the river.
Dinner and overnight stay at your lodge
Begin the day with breakfast then head out rhino tracking. Afterwards embark on the journey back to Kampala taking the Budongo Forest route that will provide magnificent views overlooking Lake Albert from the rift valley escarpment.
Overnight at Kampala hotel
After breakfast at your hotel in Kampala, depart at 7 am for the drive to Fort Portal in western Uganda. The route is incredibly scenic, passing through tea plantations and the lush green countryside which characterizes so much of Uganda. The last hour of the journey will take you through dense forest with the sounds of the wild until you reach Kyaninga Royal Cottages. Perched on the edge of a rare twinned-volcanic crater lake, Kyaninga, spectacular walks are right on the doorstep. Take a guided walk with one of the lodge guides around the rim of the crater lake and see it in all its majestic glory or walk through the ‘land that time forgot’ forest. Out of Kyaninga, you can tour the local villages and gain a fascinating insight into rural Ugandan life. A little further on, you can take a walk up to the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley itself and stare in wonder as East Africa opens out beneath you.
Overnight at Kyaninga Royal Cottages
Activities include guided forest walks, biking and cultural visits
For an interesting day’s adventure, visit the Amabere Ga Nyina Mwiru Caves, Tooro Palace and hike around the three surrounding explosion crater lakes. In addition, learn about the local culture and legends. Later in the afternoon, we will then proceed back to Kampala and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight at Kampala hotel
Depending on your flight time, transfer to Entebbe International Airport for your departure flight.