- 3 Days from$850 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This safari explores Uganda’s most visited national park – Queen Elizabeth National Park. In the western part of Uganda, it covers an area of 1,978 sq km and encompasses various ecosystems such as the dazzling lakes, Kazinga channel, extensive savannah, humid forests and lush wetlands. The park is home to about 100 mammal species and around 606 bird species. See large numbers of antelopes, crocodiles, hippos, elephants, buffaloes and much more during game drives through the park and on a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel which bisects the park. The park is also home to tree-climbing lions that are found in the Ishasha Sector, chimpanzees in Kyambura Gorge and various birds and monkeys in the Maramagambo Forest.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Wildlife:Birds, Elephant, Buffalo, Antelope, Ugandan Kob, Hippo, Crocodile, Giraffe, Waterbuck, Warthog, Big Five
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle
- Start/end:Start in Entebbe, end in Entebbe
- Minimum age:06
Price Per Person – USD
From USD 850 per person, two people travelling
- Accommodation & meals
- Round trip airport transfer
- Ground transportation
- Professional Guide/Driver
- Park entry fees
- Bottled drinking water
- Flights & visas
- Personal expenditure
- Travel insurance
- Government imposed taxes
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Primate Experts Uganda‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Primate Experts Uganda‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Wake up early, enjoy a morning breakfast at your hotel after which you will be picked up by your guide at 7:30 am who will brief you before you embark on the 6-hour journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Along the way you will have two stopovers: at the Equator and in Mbarara town at Agip Motel for your lunch.
Afterwards head to Queen Elizabeth National Park as you drive through the spectacular landscape characterized with open grasslands, Ankole log horned cattle, tea plantations, the Rift Valley Escarpment and woodlands. Reach the park in late afternoon and enjoy a game drive as you drive to your lodge. Have dinner and spend the night.
Begin your day with a delicious cup of coffee/tea before setting off on a game drive on different trails in the park including along the Kasenyi trail. Here there is a great opportunity of seeing various animals such as waterbucks, Uganda kobs, elephants, buffaloes, lions, warthogs as well as various birds. After the drive, go back and have breakfast and later lunch at your lodge.
During the afternoon, you will enjoy a 2-hour boat safari along the Kazinga Channel that connects Lake George and Lake Edward. While on the boat you will see a good number of animals such as hippos, crocodiles, buffaloes, warthogs, elephants, kobs among others as well as diverse birds like malachite kingfishers and pink backed pelicans, on the banks and in the trees. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
With the superb memories of the past two days, you will enjoy a heavy and tasty breakfast. Then check out of the lodge, you could choose to have a primate walk in the Park or not. Enjoy your lunch still along the way, also have a stopover at Mpambire drum centre where you will see how drums are made by the locals and also be in position to buy some souvenirs, proceed to Kampala, where you will be dropped off at your hotel in the evening.