7 Days from$1530 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
You are not far away from achieving your unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience safari on this Rwanda safari. You will be introduced to the ‘big five’ on the majestic plains of Akagera National Park, discover the misty and natural beauty of Nyungwe Forest, home to an enormous diversity of bird species, mammals and reptiles, enjoy a breathtaking encounter with endangered mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park and chimpanzees in Nyungwe National Park, truly memorable experiences, and take part in a kayaking adventure on Lake Kivu.
Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Primate Safari, Wildlife Safari
You will visit:Volcanoes, Akagera, Nyungwe
Wildlife:Mountain gorillas, golden monkeys, monkeys, buffalo, elephants, numerous birds
Activities:Game Drive, Walking Safari, Canoe, Kayak, Boat Cruise
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start/end in Kigali International Airport
RATES – PER PERSON USD
- 1-3 people ….. From USD 1,530 per person
- 4-5 people ….. From USD 1,169 per person
- 6-7 people ….. From USD 1,214 per person
- 8-9 people ….. From USD 1,125 per person
- 10-14 people .. From USD 1,112 per person
- 15+ people …. From USD 1,085 per person
- Transport in a 4WD vehicle
- English speaking driver guide and all other guiding fees
- Park entry fees except the Volcanoes National Park
- Accommodation and meals on the tour plan exluding alcoholic beverages
- International flights
- Guest travel insurances
- Gorilla trekking permits
- East Africa entry visa (guests are advised to use the East African tourist visa if they are visiting neighboring countries)
- Please note – visas for Rwanda are issued on arrival to all relevant travellers
- Telephone bills
- Other personal expenses
Day by Day Overview
Arrival and pick from Kigali International Airport by your tour driver guide. Drop off at Lemigo Hotel for check in, general briefing on your safari, dinner and relaxed overnight in Kigali.
- Overnight: Kigali hotel – DBB
- Activities: Airport transfer
Early transfer at 7:30 am to Akagera National Park for a game drive, bird watching and community based tourism activities like pasturists and Rwanda’s traditional cow culture with an optional evening boat ride on Lake Ihema.
- Overnight: Akagera Game Lodge – Guests have an option of safe camping in the Park
- Activities: Game drive, boat cruise, cultural tour
After breakfast transfer straight to Nyungwe National Park through Muhanga to the famous Kabgayi Catholic Cathedral, Nyanza King’s palace and Huye National Museum.
- Overnight: Nyungwe Top View Hotel
- Activities: Kabgayi Cathederal, Nyanza King’s Palace, Huye National Museum
Early morning breakfast then head to the park for chimpanzee trekking. You will see the Kaimiranzovu waterfalls as well as enjoy the unique canopy walk, which is 60m above the forest, for two hours. The forest is the largest in East and Central Africa in biodiversity with 1600-2000 sq meters. Evening drive to Rubavu through Karongi for waterfalls viewing.
- Overnight: Kivu Serena Hotel Rubavu
- Activities: Chimpanzee trek, canopy walk, night drive
Mid morning drive along Lake Kivu where there are options for kayaking and other watersports. Late evening one hour drive to Musanze.
- Overnight: Gorilla Hotel
- Activities: Game drive, kayaking
After an early breakfast head to the Volcanoes National Park reception for a trekking breifing and park administrative formalities. You will be introduced to the park guides and start your once-in-a-lifetime experience around 7.00 am. This walking tour usually ends around 1.00 pm when you will return to the park reception to be issued a trekking certificate before you head down to the hotel to freshen up and have lunch, If guests are not too tired, they will enjoy traditional performances at the Iby’Iwacu cultural village as well as walk around the Burera & Ruhondo lakes. Evening transfer to one of Kigali’s restaurants for traditional food. Overnight in Kigali.
- Overnight: Kigali Hotel
- Activities: Gorilla trekking, cultural village, transfer
Mid morning visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial Center and souvenier shopping. Transfer to Kigali International Airport for your onward flight.
- Overnight: Onward travel
- Activities: Airport transfer