6 Days from$1589 p/p in USD
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro on the Machame route is an exhilarating and rewarding experience. It has stunning scenery with beautiful forest where troops of black and white colobus monkeys can be seen, many varieties of plants, wildlife, volcanic rocks and snow features. This 6-day climbing safari is affordable and professional guides help you to summit. One of the most popular routes, the Machame is also one of the less challenging routes, is great for acclimatization and has a high success rate.
Safari types:Mountain Safari, Trekking Safari
You will visit:Kilimanjaro, Arusha
Getting around:Transfer Vehicle
Start/end:Start in Kilimanjaro International Airport, end in Kilimanjaro International Airport
Please book a flight to arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO). Sometimes you can get a better flight fare to Nairobi. From Nairobi you can take a scheduled shuttle bus to arrive in Tanzania at Moshi town. Moshi town is the base for the start of Kilimanjaro treks. There are several quality tourist hotels which provide the best hospitality services and offer many kinds of meals including vegetarian, kosher, halal etc.
RATES – PER PERSON USD
From USD 1,589 per person
Group discount is available, group booking is from a minimum of 5 people or more. A Tour Leader with 15 participants gets free bonafide tour leader seat.
*Hotel in Moshi on arrival is not included so that you can choose the most suitable option:-
- A – Moshi Leopard Hotel or Kilimanjaro Safari Hotel – USD 60-70
- B – Medium Class Tourist Hotel = Park View Hotel – USD 90 B&B (Double/Twin)
- C – Sali Salnero Hotel or Pink Flamingo Hotel – USD 100 (Double/Twin B&B)
- D – Kilimanjaro Wonders Hotel/Panama Garden Resort – USD 140
- Airport transfers from Kilimanjaro Airport
- All park fees
- Services of guides/porters/cook
- All meals on the mountain
- Drinking water
- Accommodation equipment
- Government tax
- Certificate of climbing
- AMREF flying doctor air rescue insurance
- Ranges rescue
- Transfer to/from Arusha or Moshi
- Flight to Tanzania
- Hotel in Moshi*
- Entry visa
- Climbing gear (available for rent)
- Tips to guides, porters, coordinator
- Items of a personal nature
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
After breakfast drive from your hotel in Moshi/Arusha to Machame gate (about 45min). After about an hour of registration and park fee payments, start climbing along a clear trail through the plantation and natural forest, thereafter a narrow forest path follows to the Machame hut (9,900 ft). B, L, D.
After breakfast, ascend through the forest, along the steep ridge passing through heather and open moorlands and crossing a large gorge to Shira hut (12,600 ft). This takes about 5-6 hours. B, L, D.
After breakfast, we ascend to Lava tower (15,180 ft) with lunch on the way then proceed to Baranco, descending slowly to Baranco hut for dinner and overnight (12,850 ft). B, L, D.
After breakfast, we leave Baranco hut for Barafu hut. We pass through the last water drop at Karanga valley on the way up. Overnight Barafu hut (14,910 ft). B, L, D.
Wake up at midnight, and after a small snack, start ascending to Uhuru Peak through the Stella point (18,640 ft). After reaching the summit, we head down to Mweka hut (10,204 ft) for dinner and overnight, B, L, D.
After breakfast, we head down to Mweka gate with a lunch packet. Here a waiting vehicle will take you to your hotel in Moshi/Arusha. B, L.