- 12 Days from$2600 p/p in USD
- DeparturesJun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov
Guided, Small Group
Luxury, Mid Range
Amboseli is famous for the many elephant families in front of Mt. Kilimanjaro. You will time them coming out of their sleeping places as they pass big Umbrella Thorn Acacias in front of Kilimanjaro. In Lake Naivasha, the rich bird life – from raptors to water birds – as well as black and white mantled colobus monkeys and hippos are a big attraction. During the migration, Masai Mara is one of the most interesting places to be. Carnivores and vultures have plenty to eat so you get the best chances to see hunting and eating scenes. Time is crucial for all observations and patience is needed while waiting for herds to cross the Mara River that is why we spend several nights.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Guided Safari, Photo Safari, Tailormade Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Lake Naivasha National Park
- Wildlife:Big Five, Birds, Antelope, Topi, Eland, Giraffe, Zebra, Wildebeest, Hippo, Crocodile, Hyena, Leopard, Cheetah, Jackal, Warthog, Baboon, Dik-dik, Waterbuck, Thomson's Gazelle, Hartebeest
- Activities:Game Drive, Boat Cruise
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Nairobi
- Minimum age:15 years - must be interested in wildlife and have patience
Highlights on this Trip
While at Amboseli National Park you watch elephants coming from their sleeping places to their feeding grounds – the dust, the Umbrella thorn acacias in front of Kilimanjaro you won’t forget. In the evening when the light is getting golden the elephants accompanied by Cattle Egrets walk back to their sleeping places. Hopefully you will have a clear Kilimanjaro towering over the scenario.
Lake Naivasha is not only a stop over because the distance from Amboseli to Masai Mara is too long to be managed in one day, but also home of many hippos, mantled Colobus and a large amount of bird species. You will see some on your boat ride.
Price Per Person with 6 Travellers
|From Price||Dates||No. travelling||Single Supplement|
|USD 2600||June 2021||6||From USD $ 550|
|USD 3375||July - August 2021||6||From USD $ 730|
|USD 3120||September - October 2021||6||From USD $ 730|
|USD 2925||November - mid December 2021||6||From USD $ 610|
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- Safari in Land Cruisers with experienced, licensed, English speaking driver/guides
- Extended game drives with no mileage limit (max 3 people per car)
- All park entry and conservancy fees
- 2 hour boat ride on Lake Naivasha (3 people per boat)
- Airport transfers
- 1.5 liter mineral water per person each day on safari in the car
- Local taxes
- Additional activities e.g. balloon rides in the Masai Mara (we can book for you)
- Visa and personal insurances (mandatory)
- Any requirement to comply with Covid-19 regulations
- Personal expenses
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Bush Trucker Tours‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Bush Trucker Tours‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
We welcome you at Jomo Kenyatta international Airport and take you to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Overnight at Eka Hotel (D/B)
At 8 am, after breakfast, your journey follows the East African Highway towards Mombasa before heading south on a tarmac road. At lunch time you arrive at the lodge at the border of the park. Later in the afternoon enjoy your first game drive.
3 nights at Sentrim Amboseli Lodge (D/FB)
During the extended game drives in the morning and afternoon, look out for photogenic scenes. Amboseli is famous for its many elephants, but it’s also home to buffalos, zebras, spotted hyenas, wildebeest, bat-eared foxex, black-backed and golden jackals, reed bucks and many birds. Early in the morning, you might have a clear view of Mount Kilimanjaro with elephants under the beautiful umbrella thorn acacias walking from their sleeping to their feeding places. In the evening you can observe them walking back which is an amazing sight with Kilimanjaro as background.
3 nights at Sentrim Amboseli Lodge (D/FB)
An early departure since it is quite a long stretch passing Nairobi and the rim of the Great Rift Valley, where you stop to see the volcanoes Longonot and Suswa. You will arrive at Elsamere, the former house of George and Joy Adamson with the lioness Elsa, for a late lunch. Thereafter, on a 2-hour boat ride, hippos and many water birds are an attraction while black and white mantled colobus monkeys have their territories in the compound at Elsamere and also Sopa Lodge – they are just amazing! During the boat ride the Fish Eagle will shoot down from a tree to fetch the fish thrown on the water. (Should the lake be too wavy you will go for the boat ride next morning). Later in the afternoon you drive to Sopa Lodge and take a stroll in the large compound where waterbucks, giraffes, zebras and many birds can be found.
Overnight at Sopa Naivasha Lodge (D/FB)
Use the early morning light to get some lovely pictures before it is time to start the long journey through Maasai land to the Maasai Mara National Park. At lunch time you will have reached the camp at the bank of Talek River. Later in the afternoon you undertake a game drive.
6 nights at Basecamp Explorer (D/FB)
Enjoy exploring the Masai Mara National Reserve – witness the incredible wildebeest migration, the carnivores that follow alongside and plenty of other wildlife. Full day excursions with picnic lunches, spending time being patient at Mara River crossing points (crossings cannot be guaranteed). We follow the wildebeest and zebra herds and should they be near the Mara River we wait patiently for them to cross – this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Lions, cheetahs, leopard, spotted hyeanas, black-backed jackals, crocodiles as well as vultures have the best time of the year! Often you will get amazing scenarios – hunting, feasting and stalking.
Masai Mara is also home to elephants, Maasai giraffes, impalas, Grant’s gazelles, topis, eland, oribi, steenbok and others.
You drive back to Nairobi which takes 6 to 7 hours. Enjoy a special lunch at the famous Carnivore Restaurant. Various meat from the huge grill will be brought to your table. Vegetarian dishes are also available. There after you will be transferred to the international airport for your departure. For those who have a late flight or wish a room to freshen up we can organize at an extra cost.