- 9 Days from$4500 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
Guided, Large Group, Small Group
Budget, Mid Range
See some of Uganda’s top wildlife spots on this safari: Queen Elizabeth National Park for chimpanzee tracking and to find the tree-climbing lions, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for the amazing experience gorilla tracking and Lake Mburo National Park for great game viewing on a morning or evening game drive.
- Safari types:Chimpanzee Safari, Gorilla Safari, Guided Safari, Trekking Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Lake Mburo
- Wildlife:Birds, Mountain Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, Zebra, Antelope, Forest Pig, Ugandan Kob, Hippo, Crocodile, Bush Buck, Giraffe, Waterbuck, Warthog
- Activities:Game Drive, Trekking, Boat Cruise, Sightseeing Tour
- Getting around:4x4 Safari Vehicle, Transfer Vehicle
- Start/end:Start/end in Kampala
- City around Kampala
- Ugandan snack called “Rolex”
- Gorilla tracking
- Chimpanzee tracking
- Climbing lions game drive
- Visiting 3 national parks
- Close encounter with the wildlife
- Crossing the Equator
Price Per Person – USD
- From USD 5,200 for 1 person
- From USD 4,500 per person for 2 people travelling
- From USD 3,900 per person for 3 or more people travelling
- Accommodation, meals & snacks
- English speaking guide
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Chimpanzee tracking permit
- All park entry fees
- Hotel/airport pick up and drop off
- Flights & visas
- Drinks during and after the meals
- Tips for the guides
- Personal health/third party/travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Dark Hills Uganda‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Our experienced drivers/guides will be waiting for you at the airport to transfer you to your hotel for the night.
In the morning after breakfast, our guide will pick you up for a tour around Kampala. Visit places such as Gadafi Mosque, Uganda Museum, King’s Palace, Bahai Temple, Kasubi Tombs and many others. You will then go for a local lunch before being transferred back to your hotel to get ready for the next day’s journey.
In the morning, our guide will pick you up from the hotel for the drive to Fort Portal in the western Uganda region. Stop on the way for a Ugandan snack (rolex), then proceed to Fort Portal for lunch. Continue to the hot springs and, if time allows, go to the crater lakes before heading to the hotel.
n the morning after breakfast, you start the journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park, passing by the Equator, a cement factory and Mountain Rwenzori on the way. On arrival at the park, you can decide to do either a boat cruise or an evening game drive. Spend a night in the park.
Early in the morning you set off on your chimpanzee tracking activity, with the chance to seeing other animals while tracking the chimps within the park. Afterwards drive to Ishasha for the night as the guide goes through the activity for the next day, a game drive to find the climbing lions and other species.
Go on a morning game drive to find the climbing lions as well as other wildlife. After the game drive, drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to get ready for the next activity, which is gorilla tracking the following day. Spend the night at Bwindi.
Early in the morning, the guide will pick you up and take you to the starting point for gorilla tracking. There will be a briefing as you’re given groups/tracking team. Gorilla tracking might take up to 8 hours so you will be provided packed lunch. Afterwards, the guide will be waiting to take you back to the hotel to freshen up and prepare for departure the next day.
In the morning, set off to Lake Mburo National Park where you can do either an evening or morning game drive depending on your preference. Spend a night at one of the hotels near or in the park.
Early in the morning, we shall decide either to go for a morning game drive or to drive back to Kampala. We shall have lunch on the way preferably at the equator, and then continue with our journey to Kampala either to the hotel or Airport.