- 8 Days from$5222 p/p in USD
- DeparturesYear Round
This family getaway takes you to the highveld of Kruger National Park and the pristine valleys of the Cape Winelands. Starting in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, you will spend five days exploring this region on epic game drives with your family. Next up, discover the Franschhoek Wine Valley where you can spend three days as a family hiking, mountain biking and exploring the rich history of this area.
- Safari types:Big Five Safari, Family Safari, Wildlife Safari
- You will visit:Kruger National Park, Timbavati Game Reserve, Cape Winelands, Franschhoek
- Wildlife:Birds, Big Five, Cheetah, Antelope, Zebra, Giraffe, Hyena, Warthog, Wildebeest, Springbok
- Activities:Game Drive, Hiking, Horse, Optional Activities, Mountain Bike
- Getting around:Transfer Vehicle, Domestic Flight
- Start/end:Start in OR Tambo International Airport, end in Cape Town International Airport
Price Per Person -USD
From USD 5,222 per person – January-March
From USD 5,500 per person – April-September
From USD 6,078 per person – October-December
- Accommodation & meals
- Airport transfers
- International & domestic flights
- Optional activities & excursions
- Tips & personal expenditure
- Visas & travel insurance
- This itinerary is owned and delivered by ‘Jumbari Family Safaris‘
- All prices are ‘From’ and may vary at the time of booking
- Display price is usually based on two people sharing
- ‘Jumbari Family Safaris‘ reserves the right to change the content and price of the itinerary
- All itineraries are subject to availability
Day by Day Overview
Touch down at Hoedspruit airport where you will be welcomed by a lodge representative ready to accompany you to Kings Camp, an hour and fifteen-minute drive away. Located in the Timbavati Nature Reserve, this luxury conservation lodge overlooks an active waterhole surrounded by open savanna plains. Enjoy days relaxing by the pool while watching the wildlife come and go below or join your dedicated guide on game drives through the reserve. Home to the Big 5, some of the wildlife you could see include the lion, leopard, buffalo, hippos, reptiles and many species of bird.
Wake up to a hearty breakfast at Kings Camp before embarking on your final morning safari. On your return to the camp, your driver will meet you to transfer you to the airport for your onward flight to Cape Town. Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport, you will be welcomed by a Jumbari representative ready to accompany you to Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa. Located in the heart of the Franschhoek Wine Valley, your base for the next three nights is an hour and fifteen-minute drive away. Surrounded by mountain vistas, this luxury hotel offers elegant family rooms located in historic Cape Dutch style cottages. Some of the nearby activities include hikes, mountain biking, horse riding and picnics that you can enjoy together as a family.
This marks the end of your Kruger and Cape Winelands family adventure. After a final breakfast at Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa, your driver will meet you to transfer you to Cape Town International Airport for your onward journey home.